Slum children enthral audience at Parvarish Museum School
The tiny tots of the city enthralled the audiences with their performance at their annual function held on Sunday. Parvarish-the Museum School organised an annual function at Campion School, Arera Colony. The children belonged to various slums of the city.
The school has completed nine years and the students performed with great enthusiasm. This year the theme of annual function was ‘Sarhado Ko Mitate Manav Sabhiyatao Ko Jodtey’.The students staged various cultural performances concerning the theme leaving the audience mesmerised.
While talking to The Pioneer, organiser of the show Shivani Ghosh said, “We work for the urban slum children and give them a chance to grow their talent. An opportunity is provided to them to learn and educate them.”
Elaborating further she said, “Every child has a fundamental right to quality education. Yet there is a huge disparity in the quality of education between a rich child and a poor child in the same city.” Notably, in order to address this gap, OASiS embarked upon a mission to provide quality education to slum children through an innovative concept of The Museum School.
Padmashree Oudh Narain Shrivastava, IPS retired and ex-Governor, Nagaland and Manipur was the chief guest on the occasion. Ex-DGP MP Arun Gurtoo was the guest of honour.Notably, OASiS is a non-governmental organisation working towards social security, education, livelihood and disability in the country. Their project ‘Parvarish- The Museum School’ is a non-formal holistic education model for the underprivileged children from urban slums.
The Museum School is a collaborative project of OASiS, Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Regional Science Centre, Regional Museum of Natural History, State Museum, and Tribal Museum, and is the first such school in the country. The project is also supported by Swans - A Volunteers Association in the city. The project benefitting 200 children from eight slums of Bhopal has completed Nine years.
- 14 minor bridges proposed over Mandirhasaud-Kendri rly line 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to fulfil PM’s ‘Smart City’ dream: Amar 25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Summer camp of Mount Fort Academy draws good response 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon police chalks out traffic plan ahead of Passing- out- Parade at IMA on May 26 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Officers inspect arrangements made for pilgrimage at Rishikesh 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PM inquires about status of Deoband-Roorkee rail project 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cesu manager’s assets worth Rs 1.2 crore traced 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Baleswar DM takes stock of flood preparedness 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vig holds meet on investigation for officers 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Two held; bikes, bombs seized 25 May 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar