BSP MPs, MLAs asked to donate for Maya's birthday
The old practice is back in Bahujan Samaj Party as its leaders have asked party workers including MPs and legislators to donate money as gift to Mayawati on her birthday on January 15.
The price list has also been prepared. MPs have been asked to contribute Rs 5 lakh each while the legislators have been directed to donate Rs 2 lakh. The other office beares are asked to donate money as per their financial condition.
BSP uses Mayawati's birthday as `Sahayta Diwas’ where party leaders are asked to donate money for the party. The argument given by the party is as other political outfits are supported by corporate houses, the BSP survives on the financial help it gets from its workers.
A meeting regarding this was held in the state capital last week in which party president Ramachal Rajbhar floated this idea which was accepted by all.
The BSP earlier used to follow this practice with impunity but the same was stalled after a BSP legislator Shekhar Tiwari beat up a PWD engineer demanding bribe for Mayawati’s birthday on December 24, 2008. Once out of power, BSP decided to revive this donation drive.
SP spokesperson and state jail minister Rajendra Chaudhury said that the birthday of Mayawati is always a day to 'force' the party leaders to pay cash as birthday gift thus promoting corruption in politics.
"Can anyone forget how a BSP MLA murdered a PWD engineer in Auriyya just to collect money as gift to Mayawati on her birthday," he said.
BJP state spokesperson Vijay Bahadur Pathak too criticised the BSP decision and said that it was an effort to blackmail the party MPs and legislators. "Demanding money as birthday gift is unethical which gives a bad name to politics," he said.
- Uplift the tribals, protecting their customs: Das 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Renowned Mussoorie-born Author Anita Desai turns 81 25 Jun 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Two hours of rain disrupts routine life in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Anomalies fuel traffic jams in Nainital 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One injured as clash erupts among youth at Kaliasot dam 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kumaoni Ramleela enthralls Almora at Crankfest'18 25 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Valuables of Rs 75,000 burgled at Krishna Dham Colony 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Dalit beaten by Sarpanch in Tikamgarh 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP not ready to discuss no-trust motion: Nath 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP honoured as best State for agriculture production 25 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal