- Taj Mahal important, doesn't matter who built it: Adityanath
- Time for Ayurveda-led 'health revolution', says Modi
- Search on for missing Indian crew aboard capsized cargo ship: MEA
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosai shot dead in Punjab
- Bomb kills journalist who exposed Malta's ties to tax havens
- Panama Papers scribe killed in Malta car bomb
- North Korea says 'a nuclear war may break out any moment'
The Oberoi Group has opened online applications for selection of students for its Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP). The three-year programme designed for students completing high school, combines practical on-the-job training with study towards a Bachelor of Tourism Studies Degree from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Trainees are provided with assistance in the form of study materials and dedicated time to prepare for the exams for their undergraduate degree.
The programme offers students the opportunity to acquire all round and specialised skills and knowledge in all departments of a hotel. The Kitchen Operations Programme includes training in the Western and Indian kitchens besides orientation in specialised sections such as bakery, pastry and the cold kitchen. The Hotel Operations Programme consists of two streams: Front Office/Food and Beverage Service focus and Housekeeping focus.
On completing the programme and subject to vacancies, the STEP graduates may join The Oberoi Group as Operations Assistants. Alternately, the graduates are also eligible to compete for admission to The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development’s two-year postgraduate management programmes, leading to an executive position with The Oberoi Group.
Eligibility: The candidate should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on August 15, 2017. They should have passed Class XII from a Board recognised by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India as on July 1, 2017.
For Hotel Operations Programme (Front Office/Food and Beverage Service focus) and Kitchen Operations Programme, the candidate should have obtained 61 per cent marks or above, in English in Class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 grade or a 7 grade point. For Hotel Operations Programme (Housekeeping focus), the candidate should have obtained 51 per cent marks or above, in English in Class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a C1 grade or a 6 grade point.
Admission to the STEP programme is open till April 15 and the programme will commence in August 2017. Applicants can download the application form from http://www.oberoigroup.com/careers/join_us/step_application.asp.
The programme currently provides on-the-job training at the following Trident and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts across India.
- Inbrief 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Wanted interns 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Studycentre 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Scholarship 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Mindit 11 Oct 2017 | Ramesh Batlish
- ‚ÄėAn office nearby is loaded with benefits‚Äô 11 Oct 2017 | Ashish Agrawal
- Money matters 11 Oct 2017 | Sudarshan Motwani
- Culinary competition 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Teaching olympiad 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Around 23 lakh farmers have got registered so far in Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana launched today in Madhya Pradesh. The registration process was started from September 1...