- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
The Oberoi Group has opened online applications for selection of students for its Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP). The three-year programme designed for students completing high school, combines practical on-the-job training with study towards a Bachelor of Tourism Studies Degree from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Trainees are provided with assistance in the form of study materials and dedicated time to prepare for the exams for their undergraduate degree.
The programme offers students the opportunity to acquire all round and specialised skills and knowledge in all departments of a hotel. The Kitchen Operations Programme includes training in the Western and Indian kitchens besides orientation in specialised sections such as bakery, pastry and the cold kitchen. The Hotel Operations Programme consists of two streams: Front Office/Food and Beverage Service focus and Housekeeping focus.
On completing the programme and subject to vacancies, the STEP graduates may join The Oberoi Group as Operations Assistants. Alternately, the graduates are also eligible to compete for admission to The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development’s two-year postgraduate management programmes, leading to an executive position with The Oberoi Group.
Eligibility: The candidate should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on August 15, 2017. They should have passed Class XII from a Board recognised by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India as on July 1, 2017.
For Hotel Operations Programme (Front Office/Food and Beverage Service focus) and Kitchen Operations Programme, the candidate should have obtained 61 per cent marks or above, in English in Class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 grade or a 7 grade point. For Hotel Operations Programme (Housekeeping focus), the candidate should have obtained 51 per cent marks or above, in English in Class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a C1 grade or a 6 grade point.
Admission to the STEP programme is open till April 15 and the programme will commence in August 2017. Applicants can download the application form from http://www.oberoigroup.com/careers/join_us/step_application.asp.
The programme currently provides on-the-job training at the following Trident and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts across India.
- Inbrief 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 14 Feb 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Study Centres 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Scholarship 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- How to study 14 Feb 2018 | Divya Gokulnath
- ‚ÄėAdd value to your experience‚Äô 14 Feb 2018 | Sarvesh Agrawal
- The plan 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Last-minute Board prep 14 Feb 2018 | Rajshekhar Ratrey
- Tie-up with Chile Varsity 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leader Hardik Patel on Monday said that the fight in Madhya Pradesh is not between BJP and Congress but the ruling party against the citizens. Before participating in the Samajik Chetna rally, talking to media persons here on Monday, Patel said, “Chief Minister in Madhya Pradesh is called Mama (uncle) but we don’t want a Shakuni Mama...