- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
The Oberoi Group has opened online applications for selection of students for its Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP). The three-year programme designed for students completing high school, combines practical on-the-job training with study towards a Bachelor of Tourism Studies Degree from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Trainees are provided with assistance in the form of study materials and dedicated time to prepare for the exams for their undergraduate degree.
The programme offers students the opportunity to acquire all round and specialised skills and knowledge in all departments of a hotel. The Kitchen Operations Programme includes training in the Western and Indian kitchens besides orientation in specialised sections such as bakery, pastry and the cold kitchen. The Hotel Operations Programme consists of two streams: Front Office/Food and Beverage Service focus and Housekeeping focus.
On completing the programme and subject to vacancies, the STEP graduates may join The Oberoi Group as Operations Assistants. Alternately, the graduates are also eligible to compete for admission to The Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development’s two-year postgraduate management programmes, leading to an executive position with The Oberoi Group.
Eligibility: The candidate should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on August 15, 2017. They should have passed Class XII from a Board recognised by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India as on July 1, 2017.
For Hotel Operations Programme (Front Office/Food and Beverage Service focus) and Kitchen Operations Programme, the candidate should have obtained 61 per cent marks or above, in English in Class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 grade or a 7 grade point. For Hotel Operations Programme (Housekeeping focus), the candidate should have obtained 51 per cent marks or above, in English in Class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a C1 grade or a 6 grade point.
Admission to the STEP programme is open till April 15 and the programme will commence in August 2017. Applicants can download the application form from http://www.oberoigroup.com/careers/join_us/step_application.asp.
The programme currently provides on-the-job training at the following Trident and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts across India.
- Medengage programme 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Orientation programme 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Many languages, one world contest 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Earn while you learn 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- English-Assamese lexicon 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Education conclave 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Mission XI Million 21 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Personal learning tool 21 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Admissions open 21 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Learning the e-way 21 Jun 2017 | Arjun Gupta
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...