- Taj Mahal important, doesn't matter who built it: Adityanath
- Time for Ayurveda-led 'health revolution', says Modi
- Search on for missing Indian crew aboard capsized cargo ship: MEA
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosai shot dead in Punjab
- Bomb kills journalist who exposed Malta's ties to tax havens
- Panama Papers scribe killed in Malta car bomb
- North Korea says 'a nuclear war may break out any moment'
The Sharda University, Greater Noida, recently organised its second convocation ceremony which was witnessed eminent spiritual leader and the founder of Art Of Living, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as the chief guest. The chancellor of the university, PK Gupta handed over degrees to over 3,500 students of 2014-15 and 2015-16 batches of the university. It also honoured 30 scholars who have completed all requirements for the degrees of Doctor of Philosophy.
The event started with lighting of the lamp followed by a melodious kulgeet song sung by a group of students. Two chancellor medals for each batch were given away to those meritorious students who secured highest position in the entire university.
Moreover, the toppers across 11 schools of the university were awarded with gold medals by the chancellor, PK Gupta.
While addressing a large gathering, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said: “It is heartening to see the young India growing and looking forward to their promising future. I wish to give all these budding youths a lifetime advice, so that they can lead a life full of possibilities. Dream big, keep your intentions intact and not at all worry about any setbacks and keep moving ahead. Dream the impossible. Always remember that you are born in this world to do something wonderful and unique. Give yourself the freedom to think big.
Speaking at the occasion, Gupta said: “We believe in connecting students globally and provide them world class, high-quality education. On the same lines, we have announced the launch of a Coffee Table Book titled Leading Beyond Boundaries— 20 years of an incredible journey.”
Apart from awarding degrees to the successful students, Sharda University also conferred an honorary doctorate degree — Doctor Of Science, Honoris Causa on the guest of honour at the occasion Dr Vedprakash Mishra, who is an eminent educationist in the field of medical education.
- Inbrief 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Wanted interns 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Studycentre 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Scholarship 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Mindit 11 Oct 2017 | Ramesh Batlish
- ‚ÄėAn office nearby is loaded with benefits‚Äô 11 Oct 2017 | Ashish Agrawal
- Money matters 11 Oct 2017 | Sudarshan Motwani
- Culinary competition 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Teaching olympiad 11 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Around 23 lakh farmers have got registered so far in Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana launched today in Madhya Pradesh. The registration process was started from September 1...