- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
The Sharda University, Greater Noida, recently organised its second convocation ceremony which was witnessed eminent spiritual leader and the founder of Art Of Living, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as the chief guest. The chancellor of the university, PK Gupta handed over degrees to over 3,500 students of 2014-15 and 2015-16 batches of the university. It also honoured 30 scholars who have completed all requirements for the degrees of Doctor of Philosophy.
The event started with lighting of the lamp followed by a melodious kulgeet song sung by a group of students. Two chancellor medals for each batch were given away to those meritorious students who secured highest position in the entire university.
Moreover, the toppers across 11 schools of the university were awarded with gold medals by the chancellor, PK Gupta.
While addressing a large gathering, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said: “It is heartening to see the young India growing and looking forward to their promising future. I wish to give all these budding youths a lifetime advice, so that they can lead a life full of possibilities. Dream big, keep your intentions intact and not at all worry about any setbacks and keep moving ahead. Dream the impossible. Always remember that you are born in this world to do something wonderful and unique. Give yourself the freedom to think big.
Speaking at the occasion, Gupta said: “We believe in connecting students globally and provide them world class, high-quality education. On the same lines, we have announced the launch of a Coffee Table Book titled Leading Beyond Boundaries— 20 years of an incredible journey.”
Apart from awarding degrees to the successful students, Sharda University also conferred an honorary doctorate degree — Doctor Of Science, Honoris Causa on the guest of honour at the occasion Dr Vedprakash Mishra, who is an eminent educationist in the field of medical education.
- Medengage programme 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Orientation programme 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Many languages, one world contest 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Earn while you learn 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- English-Assamese lexicon 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Education conclave 21 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Mission XI Million 21 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Personal learning tool 21 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Admissions open 21 Jun 2017 | Pioneer
- Learning the e-way 21 Jun 2017 | Arjun Gupta
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...