- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
To be or not to be an engineer is a big question that grapples the mind of every engineering student after completing BE/BTech pursuing MTech or MBA, both the paths seem to be equally promising though the current trends show more inclination towards MBA due to attractive salaries and the wider horizons it opens.
Pursuing MBA is considered as a deviation in the career for a tech graduate but the fact is that acquiring a MBA degree helps to learn newer ways to generate economic perspective for the people. It simply means to be into a “real game” together with vast career options. On one hand, holding an MTech degree provides you an opportunity to expand your knowledge, one can say a dig deeper into the content, and helps to expertise your field. Despite of opening new vistas and creating things through technical skills, there's worrying need for technically qualified people with MTech due to the dearth that currently exist in the country especially in the research and development industry in the Government as well as in the private sectors.
At Youth4work.com, we have seen that the probability of getting jobs for MTech degrees holder is .025 whereas for a MBA degree holder is 0.17. Both types of postgraduates have different working methods. If technically sound MBA folks have better aptitude, they can communicate down and across which makes them better paid.
To create more opportunities for the techie and to make India digitally strong, a new project by Youth4work — IFFCO YUVA (which is a tie-up with IFFCO), a platform for rural youth under its Indian Cooperative Digital Platform, has been set up. Its main motive is to uplift the rural youth digitally, to reinforce the education, research and innovation capabilities. This ventures up skills of many talented people in the villages by registering online for various online certification skill courses and taking online skill tests.
In a country where getting degrees from both IIT and IIM is considered to be as smooth sailing throughout the life, both the premium institutes have different line of flow and prepares elite workforce. Many branded companies approach them to recruit the most talented and skilled professionals though the grass is not as green as it seems to be. This certainly restricts the chances of many talented and skilled youth. Also not all the postgraduates from such colleges get their dream jobs.
The young people from everywhere should be given opportunities to exhibit their skills and this is one good way to improve employability in India. Good decisions and good work comes from good experience. After all there is no substitute for experience.
There is a road that forks into two one MTech and the other MBA and both seem equally fair. All that is required is a good vision to break the old restricting trends. Just as Youth4work.com believes in providing opportunities to the aspiring skilled people from everywhere, many young people can be assets for our nation and the big question to be an engineer or not to be, to go for MTech or MBA will not bother. Of course without an ultimate goal in mind, it's difficult to say which one better! So follow your dreams.
- Inbrief 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 14 Feb 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Study Centres 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Scholarship 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- How to study 14 Feb 2018 | Divya Gokulnath
- ‚ÄėAdd value to your experience‚Äô 14 Feb 2018 | Sarvesh Agrawal
- The plan 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Last-minute Board prep 14 Feb 2018 | Rajshekhar Ratrey
- Tie-up with Chile Varsity 14 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...