- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
No matter, how much it hurts, failure is, and will always remain a significant part of an individual’s life. In fact, failure is the best teacher. Without experiencing failure, we would never experience compassion, empathy, benevolence, and great achievements. It is only through failures that we learn the greatest lessons of life.
Failures are the stepping stones to success. It is said that if you’ve not experienced failure, you’ve not really lived your life; because failures makes us strong, confident and get the best out of us.
The challenge is that we see failure differently— it is painful and causes emotional turmoil. But, those successful people who understand that failure is necessary in life, have bounced back from it.
How to stay motivated and focused?
Failing in life is a difficult situation to bear with, but not impossible to overcome, if you become aware of the source of your motivation then there will be no shortage of new motivating factors in life as it only needs little introspection. Those who never tasted the bitter pill called failure can never be truly successful in their life.
Make a practical goal and stick to it
To stay motivated and focused one has to create a practical goal, that can be achieved and devise a reminder mechanism for yourself so that you don’t get distracted.
Keep good association
The key to stay motivated is the association of people you keep around; right people will never let you down and will always motivate you to bounce back.
Help people succeed who share common goal
Your individual goals will become easier from the day you link them to the larger organisational goals and vice versa. For example, if every department starts meeting their respective targets, the organisation will automatically achieve its goals.
Small celebrations allows to rejuvenate and builds in positivity.
Path to success is different for everybody, those who compare others success with theirs are more likely to get disheartened. If a marketing person starts comparing with the incentives given to sales team then he can’t stay happy or motivated for long.
Take time off
One has to take some time off for his/her daily routine and evaluate the work done to achieve their goals. The bird’s eye view approach will give a good idea on where you are heading and what needs to be done.
Read motivational books
If you read biographies of successful people from all over the world, you will notice that each one of them have first failed to cross the mountains before they achieved the heights of success. These books will help you to relate yourself with the successful people and will provide a solution to your ongoing issues. The best book to succeed in life is Shrimad Bhagavad Gita — the day you understand it and apply its learnings will be the day of your rebirth.
The writer is Dr Vivek Bindra, international motivational speaker, leadership consultant and CEO at Coach
- IDEAL programme 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Hackadrone 2018 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Survey on hearing impaired employees 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Study abroad 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- AI & robotics in demand 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Tune into Gyan Darshan 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- BAJA SAEINDIA 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Admissions open 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Value of higher education 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Inbrief 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Dec 2017 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
Following a directive from Secretary of Higher and Technical Education and Skill Development, Ajoy Kumar Singh, who in the meeting with the VCs the State universities on Tuesday in Ranchi asked to launch an intensive drive for the registration of the pass students of session 2015, 2016 and 2017 for placement, VC of Nilamber Pitamber University SN acknowledged going after this directive. Briefing newsmen here SN Singh said, “The...