- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
The Vijanan Bharati (VIBHA), a movement to promote Science amongst children, is organising Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM) — the national science talent search on November 26, 2017. The aim is to select students with scientific temperament from Class VI to XI across the country. Vigyan Prasar (VP), an autonomous organisation under Department of Science and Technology and NCERT have joined hands in organising this competition.
The competition will be held on a digital platform. It will be multi-level competition and the students can register with their respective schools. The schools will have to sign up for the registration by assigning a person-in-charge to coordinate the examination. The school login ID will be created and schools can register as many students still September 20, 2017. The syllabus for this competition includes NCERT books of Science and Maths of respective classes, articles published by VIBHA, biographies of Dr Vikram Sarabhai and Dr Homi Jahangir Bhabha, general knowledge, logic and reasoning.
The study material will be made available at www.vvm.org.in from October 1. The exam will be conducted for two sections: Junior Classes (VI-VIII) and senior Classes IX-XI. The students from respective classes will be compared separately for the purpose of evaluation. Registered students can also appear in series of mock exam from October 1 to November 20, 2017.
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Wanted Interns 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėTake this route‚Äô 20 Sep 2017 | Suresh Rajan
- Be a forensic pathologist 20 Sep 2017 | Dr Ravi Gaur
- New programme 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Industry Day 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Future of skills & jobs 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Skilling programme 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- New MOOC courses 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Admissions open 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...