Monster India, (www.monsterindia.com) recently released its latest Monster Salary Index (MSI) highlighting the key aspects around gender. This index is complemented with the key findings from the second annual survey titled Women of India Inc.
The MSI data from 2017 indicates that the present gender pay gap in India stands at 20% where men earned a median gross hourly salary of Rs 231, in comparison, women earned only Rs 184.8. The gap has narrowed by about five percentage points from 24.8% in 2016 however, the good news ends here. The 2017 MSI data suggests that gender pay gap in India increases with work experience. While men with 0-2 years of experience earned 7.8% higher median wages than women, men with 6-10 years of experience, earned 15.3% more. Men with 11 and more years of experience earned 25% higher median wages than women. Interestingly, there is a marginally inverted pay gap in the experience group of 3-5 years, where women are earning more.
Top challenges for working women
- Inadequate travel and transport facilities (41%)
- Attitude of clients/distributors/vendors/ colleagues (33%)
- Societal perception of women who work long hours (32%)
- Not easily considered for top management roles (32%)
- Not given responsibilities or promotions as per their calibre (29%)
- Getting paid less for the same amount of work (27%)
- Lack of proper childcare (20%)
- 69% employees of India Inc. feel that gender parity needs to be a top priority for their organisations; yet only 10% organisations have a robust gender diversity programme
- 44% men confirm that they can be effective advocates for gender initiative programs at workplace; yet almost 80% women reveal that many men show support only in private
- 32% women identified “not easily considered for top management roles” as one of the top challenges; only 13% men agree
- 84% women consider safety as a key parameter while choosing a job, and lack of it as a top hindrance, however about only half (48%) of the organisations take care of women safety if they were leaving late from work
- Inbrief 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 14 Mar 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- how to Clear NEET at first attempt 14 Mar 2018 | Rajshekhar Ratrey
- Small can be big 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Revamp social work education 14 Mar 2018 | Dr Bishnu Mohan Dash
- Learnathon championship 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Post-exam analysis 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...