- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
Date for EB-5 Visa extended
The United States created the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program in 1990 in an effort to attract foreign investment and boost economic growth. Eligible foreign nationals can invest either $500,000 (in a targeted employment area) or $1 million in a new or existing U.S. business. The EB-5 Program allocates 10,000 visas per year for immigrants and their family whose qualifying investments result in the creation or preservation of at least ten full-time jobs for US workers.
When investors demonstrate that their investment has created at least ten jobs for U.S. workers, they may receive green cards for themselves and their families. Through its Regional Center program, LCR Capital Partners offers investment opportunities to meet these criteria.
The EB-5 is at present, considered the best and fastest way for investors to immigrate to the US. Over 30,000 investors have applied globally for this in the last three-four years. The EB-5 is often dubbed as the ‘golden visa’.
It offers a host of benefits to the investor, including but not limited to:
- Low Cost with One Investment: A one-time fee of $500,000 provides green cards for an investor, his/her spouse, and children under 21 years of age.
- nEasy to Qualify: No specialized skills required. No travel or age restrictions, and no language skills requirements.
- Personal and Professional Freedom and Security: Investors can live, work, and retire anywhere in the U.S., (and) travel easily to other countries. EB-5 participants can pursue a full range of professional and business opportunities in the world’s largest economy.
- Healthcare: Investors can gain access to the same high-quality healthcare available to U.S. citizens.
- Children’s Education: Investors’ children may qualify for state and federal financial aid and pay reduced “in-state” tuition at public universities. More summer internship opportunities, unlike under the H-1B program.
- Passive Investing: Through the Regional Center option, third parties manage the investments and all aspects of the project.
- Direct Path to U.S. Citizenship: Investors can apply for U.S. citizenship five years after receiving a Green Card.
- Removes Uncertainty: The EB-5 program does not have any backlogs or lotteries unlike other visa options (including H1-B, F1, and L1).
Speaking about the extension of the EB-5 deadline, Rogelio Caceres, LCR Capital Partners co-founder and CCO, said: “With the extension of the EB-5 Visa Program until March 23, 2018, investors have a window of opportunity for a chance at the golden visa. For those looking to immigrate to the US this would be their opportunity to invest $500,000 as opposed to the estimated hike raising the investment amount to a minimum of $925,000. Keeping in mind the substantial raise in the investment amount and the growing number of applications we have received, we are certain of a further jump in applications before the deadline,”
- IN BRIEF 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 21 Feb 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Study centres 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- ‚ÄėExplore the new study destination‚Äô 21 Feb 2018 | GURINDER BHATTI
- Be an airline chef 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- New degree goes global 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Cambridge Learner Awards 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...