Date for EB-5 Visa extended
The United States created the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program in 1990 in an effort to attract foreign investment and boost economic growth. Eligible foreign nationals can invest either $500,000 (in a targeted employment area) or $1 million in a new or existing U.S. business. The EB-5 Program allocates 10,000 visas per year for immigrants and their family whose qualifying investments result in the creation or preservation of at least ten full-time jobs for US workers.
When investors demonstrate that their investment has created at least ten jobs for U.S. workers, they may receive green cards for themselves and their families. Through its Regional Center program, LCR Capital Partners offers investment opportunities to meet these criteria.
The EB-5 is at present, considered the best and fastest way for investors to immigrate to the US. Over 30,000 investors have applied globally for this in the last three-four years. The EB-5 is often dubbed as the ‘golden visa’.
It offers a host of benefits to the investor, including but not limited to:
- Low Cost with One Investment: A one-time fee of $500,000 provides green cards for an investor, his/her spouse, and children under 21 years of age.
- nEasy to Qualify: No specialized skills required. No travel or age restrictions, and no language skills requirements.
- Personal and Professional Freedom and Security: Investors can live, work, and retire anywhere in the U.S., (and) travel easily to other countries. EB-5 participants can pursue a full range of professional and business opportunities in the world’s largest economy.
- Healthcare: Investors can gain access to the same high-quality healthcare available to U.S. citizens.
- Children’s Education: Investors’ children may qualify for state and federal financial aid and pay reduced “in-state” tuition at public universities. More summer internship opportunities, unlike under the H-1B program.
- Passive Investing: Through the Regional Center option, third parties manage the investments and all aspects of the project.
- Direct Path to U.S. Citizenship: Investors can apply for U.S. citizenship five years after receiving a Green Card.
- Removes Uncertainty: The EB-5 program does not have any backlogs or lotteries unlike other visa options (including H1-B, F1, and L1).
Speaking about the extension of the EB-5 deadline, Rogelio Caceres, LCR Capital Partners co-founder and CCO, said: “With the extension of the EB-5 Visa Program until March 23, 2018, investors have a window of opportunity for a chance at the golden visa. For those looking to immigrate to the US this would be their opportunity to invest $500,000 as opposed to the estimated hike raising the investment amount to a minimum of $925,000. Keeping in mind the substantial raise in the investment amount and the growing number of applications we have received, we are certain of a further jump in applications before the deadline,”
- In brief 16 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 16 May 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 16 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 16 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 16 May 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 16 May 2018 | Pioneer
- ‚ÄėFly high on wings of success‚Äô 16 May 2018 | SUMAN GUPTA
- Rev up for Prelims 16 May 2018 | AK Mishra
- Exchange programme 16 May 2018 | PNS
- 100 per cent placement 16 May 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...