- PM hails soldiers who participated in 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Politics being used to crush people; Congress will defeat politics of hate: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul will lead the party with courage, dedication: Sonia
- Body of JeM terrorist found from Pulwama dist in JK: Police
- Mizoram becomes third power-surplus state in NE: PM Modi
- Coalscam: Ex-Jharkhand CM Koda, former coal secy get 3 yr jail
- Rahul Gandhi takes charge as Congress president
Online recruitment activities in the month of July 2017 registered 13 per cent year-on-year growth, according to the Monster Employment Index. This is the highest growth recorded this year.
Among top growth sectors, Banking/Financial Services, Insurance (BFSI) continue to exhibit long-term growth chart with a 43 per cent year-on-year. Month-on-month, demand in the BFSI sector moved up by marginal one percent in July 2017. This was followed by Consumer Goods/FMCG, Food & Packaged Food which witnessed a surge of 34 per cent in July 2017 from 33 percent in June 2017.
City-wise data shows that among metros, Kolkata (up 45 per cent) continued to lead the long-term growth even in June 2017. Mumbai (up 12 per cent) was the only tier-I city to exhibit double-digit annual growth followed by Hyderabad (up 6 per cent).
The annual growth trend in Delhi-NCR (down 4 per cent) exhibited the steepest decline. Chennai (down 2 per cent) continued to hover below the corresponding period a year ago, while Bangalore (up 3 per cent) continued to grow at the same annual growth rate as June 2017. Baroda (up 33 per cent) followed by Ahmedabad (up 16 per cent) recorded some of the steepest year-on-year growth.
Commenting on the trends, Sanjay Modi, managing director, monster.com, APAC & Middle-East said: “India is on the verge of transformation due to digital disruption and implementation of GST as a major economic reform. This has led to a positive trend in online recruitment activity. Our Index for July has captured this sentiment and reported an uptrend of 13 percent y-o-y growth in hiring, the highest recorded this year.”
- IDEAL programme 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Hackadrone 2018 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Survey on hearing impaired employees 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Study abroad 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- AI & robotics in demand 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Tune into Gyan Darshan 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- BAJA SAEINDIA 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Admissions open 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Value of higher education 13 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Inbrief 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Dec 2017 | PNS | Chandigarh
Eyeing 2019 Assembly and Parliamentary polls, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Friday asked the senior bureaucrats to rise above considerations of caste and religion and assist the Government in framing such policies which met the aspirations of the people. The Chief Minster while speaking at the inaugural session of the three-day chintan shivir for Cabinet Ministers, IAS, IPS and IFS at Timber Trail Heights, in Parwanoo asked them to finalise...