- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Online recruitment activities in the month of July 2017 registered 13 per cent year-on-year growth, according to the Monster Employment Index. This is the highest growth recorded this year.
Among top growth sectors, Banking/Financial Services, Insurance (BFSI) continue to exhibit long-term growth chart with a 43 per cent year-on-year. Month-on-month, demand in the BFSI sector moved up by marginal one percent in July 2017. This was followed by Consumer Goods/FMCG, Food & Packaged Food which witnessed a surge of 34 per cent in July 2017 from 33 percent in June 2017.
City-wise data shows that among metros, Kolkata (up 45 per cent) continued to lead the long-term growth even in June 2017. Mumbai (up 12 per cent) was the only tier-I city to exhibit double-digit annual growth followed by Hyderabad (up 6 per cent).
The annual growth trend in Delhi-NCR (down 4 per cent) exhibited the steepest decline. Chennai (down 2 per cent) continued to hover below the corresponding period a year ago, while Bangalore (up 3 per cent) continued to grow at the same annual growth rate as June 2017. Baroda (up 33 per cent) followed by Ahmedabad (up 16 per cent) recorded some of the steepest year-on-year growth.
Commenting on the trends, Sanjay Modi, managing director, monster.com, APAC & Middle-East said: “India is on the verge of transformation due to digital disruption and implementation of GST as a major economic reform. This has led to a positive trend in online recruitment activity. Our Index for July has captured this sentiment and reported an uptrend of 13 percent y-o-y growth in hiring, the highest recorded this year.”
- Inbrief 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 14 Mar 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- how to Clear NEET at first attempt 14 Mar 2018 | Rajshekhar Ratrey
- Small can be big 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Revamp social work education 14 Mar 2018 | Dr Bishnu Mohan Dash
- Learnathon championship 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
Kerala’s Catholic Church has declared war on the CPI(M)-led LDF Government over its new liquor policy by which liquor outlets including bars could be opened in almost all panchayats in the State. The new policy also paves way for the reopening of almost all the bars that were closed down in 2014 as part of the then Government’s policy envisaging implementation of Prohibition in ten years’ time through phases...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...