- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Online recruitment activities in the month of July 2017 registered 13 per cent year-on-year growth, according to the Monster Employment Index. This is the highest growth recorded this year.
Among top growth sectors, Banking/Financial Services, Insurance (BFSI) continue to exhibit long-term growth chart with a 43 per cent year-on-year. Month-on-month, demand in the BFSI sector moved up by marginal one percent in July 2017. This was followed by Consumer Goods/FMCG, Food & Packaged Food which witnessed a surge of 34 per cent in July 2017 from 33 percent in June 2017.
City-wise data shows that among metros, Kolkata (up 45 per cent) continued to lead the long-term growth even in June 2017. Mumbai (up 12 per cent) was the only tier-I city to exhibit double-digit annual growth followed by Hyderabad (up 6 per cent).
The annual growth trend in Delhi-NCR (down 4 per cent) exhibited the steepest decline. Chennai (down 2 per cent) continued to hover below the corresponding period a year ago, while Bangalore (up 3 per cent) continued to grow at the same annual growth rate as June 2017. Baroda (up 33 per cent) followed by Ahmedabad (up 16 per cent) recorded some of the steepest year-on-year growth.
Commenting on the trends, Sanjay Modi, managing director, monster.com, APAC & Middle-East said: “India is on the verge of transformation due to digital disruption and implementation of GST as a major economic reform. This has led to a positive trend in online recruitment activity. Our Index for July has captured this sentiment and reported an uptrend of 13 percent y-o-y growth in hiring, the highest recorded this year.”
- My Future in Schools 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Mentor India initiative 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- MATE classroom programme 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rise in women bankers 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Research collaboration 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- School of vocational studies launched 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- MOOC course 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Admissions open 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Inter-personal way to success 18 Oct 2017 | Avinash Bharwani
- INBREIF 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
In a shocking incident captured on a CCTV camera, a minor girl was allegedly attacked by a boy after she resisted his efforts to lewd comments at her at Kurla in north-central Mumbai. The incident took place at 7...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...