- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
ICAI elects new torchbearers
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for the regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India. The affairs of the ICAI are managed by a Council in accordance with the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988. The council is composed of 40 members of whom 32 are elected by the members and remaining 8 are nominated by the Centre. On February 12, 2018, ICAI elected its new torchbearers CA Naveen ND Gupta as the president and CA Prafulla P Chhajed as the vice-president for year 2018-19.
Gupta is a man of wisdom, vision and strong organisational skills with a firm belief in inclusive growth of accountancy profession, With 22 years of standing he is widely commended for his role in making the Income Disclosure Scheme, 2016 a success. With focus on innovation and niche enablement, he intends to position CA profession as aiding and upholding public interest by enhanced focus on Quality Assurance framework, calibrating Regulation with development and leveraging digital technology to turn disruptions arising out of changing paradigm of businesses to niche empowerment.
- IN BRIEF 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 21 Feb 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Study centres 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- ‚ÄėExplore the new study destination‚Äô 21 Feb 2018 | GURINDER BHATTI
- Be an airline chef 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- New degree goes global 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- Cambridge Learner Awards 21 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...