- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
IIMA Inspire Series
The Alumni & External Relations Students' Committee (AERC) of Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad hosted the second session of its year-long speaker series— The IIMA Inspire Series— on February 28, 2018. This session saw the esteemed Roopa Kudva, the MD of the Omidyar Network India delivers a talk on innovating for the “Next Half-a-Billion” (NHB). NHB refers to the 500 million first-time internet users expected to come online via their mobile phones, over the next five years. Highlighting the fact that this population segment has largely been excluded, underserved and disempowered until now, Kudva articulated the need for purpose-driven innovators to build businesses that create opportunities to improve their lives.
Kudva mentioned the barriers that the NHB face in their digital journey such as the lack of confidence to transact online, user interfaces not adapted to the NHB’s social/ cultural context & the reticence in using the internet by women. She underlined the need for innovators looking to cater to this populace to address these barriers.
Over 40 students and members of the IIMA community attended the talk. Alina Almeida, a PGP student and coordinator of the Women Leadership Society at IIMA said: “Roopa Kudva’s speech on ‘Innovating for the next half billion’ gave us interesting insights into how businesses today are venturing into and remodeling themselves to cater to the previously unserved bottom of the pyramid segment.”
- Inbrief 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 14 Mar 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- how to Clear NEET at first attempt 14 Mar 2018 | Rajshekhar Ratrey
- Small can be big 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Revamp social work education 14 Mar 2018 | Dr Bishnu Mohan Dash
- Learnathon championship 14 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | NARAYANPUR
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Sunday made a surprise visit to village Dhoudai in Narayanpur district and participated in the 'Redressal camp' as a part of ongoing State-wide Lok Suraj campaign. The villagers, panchs-sarpanchs and State Government officers- staff were pleasantly surprised to see Chief Minister amidst them...