- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
In search of inquizitive minds
The Career Launcher hosted India’s largest quiz competition Inquizitive Minds. Around 9 million students across 20,000 schools and colleges in 100 cities participated. The aim was to encourage young India to learn more about the world.
Cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle hosted the competition in Bangalore on November 12. It was divided into school and college levels.
The winners, Sanskriti School, Delhi, and Osmania Medical College, Telangana, were awarded a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh. The first and second runners-up got Rs 50, 000 and Rs 25, 000, respectively.
Thimmaiah NK, network manager, South, CL Educate, said: “We are glad to host the first season of Inquizitive Minds. With continuous evolution of the industry and changing requirements, there is a need to prepare students right from the early stage so that they stand out as young achievers. Such competitions help and encourage them to learn various topics other than regular academic curriculum and continuously work towards holistic development.”
Gautam Puri, Vice Chairman & MD, CL Educate Ltd, said: “It was a wonder to see young minds coming together to take on such a huge challenge of knowledge. If you can make education fun and interactive through platforms like this one, we will have a brighter future. Inquizitive Minds is making a mark in the sphere of quizzing and we hope to take this initiative to the next level.”
- wanted interns 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- In brief 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 21 Mar 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Study Centres 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarships 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- mindit 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Last-minute revision tips 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- The reduced burden 21 Mar 2018 | Yeshwanth Raj
- Convocation at IMS Ghaziabad 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Careers after retirement 21 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...