- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Logistics acts as catalyst linking supply and demand, and the most important operations for business development. Other than the core competency of delivering goods on time, logistics companies add value to their clients’ businesses by designing and executing complex supply chain cycles, project management and inventory reduction. Transport and logistics has been identified as one of the priority sector by the Government.
The sector at present employs over 16.74 million people and is projected to employ around 28.4 million people by 2022, according to the recently launched HR and Skill Requirement reports by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and NSDC. There is plethora of job opportunities in the sector. Indian logistics sector is estimated to have grown at a healthy 13-15 per cent in the last five years.
In the logistics sector, there is a wide range of roles open to at varying levels. Second, there are people employed in logistics related roles in sub-sectors. In addition, there are people who may use logistics skills as part of their job. Around 15-18 per cent of the roles in the logistics sector are in management.
There will be optimisation in the lower skilled roles, with focus on certification and skill enhancement. There would be demand for IT professionals in the logistics industry. The IT is the backbone of effective logistics.
(The writer is Akash Bansal, Business Head, Om Logistics Ltd)
- In Brief 25 Apr 2018 | Team Avenues
- Fortuner 25 Apr 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 25 Apr 2018 | Team Avenues
- Study Centres 25 Apr 2018 | Team Avenues
- Scholarships 25 Apr 2018 | Team Avenues
- MindIt 25 Apr 2018 | Team Avenues
- Be a laboratory technician 25 Apr 2018 | Shaheen Khan
- Engineer a robot 25 Apr 2018 | Ishan Gupta
- Indeed tie-up 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Music competition 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...