- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
The British Council has launched myEnglish course, an online interactive courses to improve English speaking and writing skills for adult learners. The programme offers total nine courses at three levels — pre-intermediate, intermediate and upper- intermediate. The applicants are first required to take a short online test followed by a consultation with one of the teachers to identify the right course before registration. The course will be starting from September 23, 2017 across India, fee is Rs 8,800 with a class size of 20.
The course is designed for the period of six weeks (50 hours) to improve one’s fluency, writing skills and to have proper command over English as a language. It will help developing workspace skills like interpersonal communication, time management, interviews and digital skills.
Students will be able to access online lectures and study materials, reading and writing tasks that will help them to improve in pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
This flexible online course consists of numerous module developed by the highly qualified British Council teachers. MyEnglish classes are delivered over Zoom, a low bandwidth consuming video-conferencing platform which is easily accessible from desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet. The interactive format fulfills the need for real time feedback from the teacher while practicing pronunciation and understanding concepts, critical for learning a language.
The course was launched as a pilot programme in Mumbai and Bengaluru to know the response of the learners.
Pradeep Kumar, working professional says: “The course helped me in improving in English writing and speaking skills. I improved on my fluency with the help of Zoom tool through which we can zoom in and see the teacher’s lip movement closely to understand how to pronounce a particular word. The course has helped me gain confidence. I can now speak English fluently.”
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Wanted Interns 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėTake this route‚Äô 20 Sep 2017 | Suresh Rajan
- Be a forensic pathologist 20 Sep 2017 | Dr Ravi Gaur
- New programme 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Industry Day 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Future of skills & jobs 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Skilling programme 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- New MOOC courses 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Admissions open 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...