- Waiting for answers on corruption allegations from 'Maun sahab', Rahul to Modi
- Delhi boy 'commits' suicide a day after locals try to molest his sister
- Why did Manmohan not show courage to order surgical strikes post 26/11: Modi
- Three militants, woman killed in J&K gunfight
- Ryan murder: SC rejects plea against Pintos' bail
- Ahmedabad Police denies permission to roadshows of Rahul, BJP
- Don't drag us into your domestic politics: Pak to India
Cognizant’s employee volunteering programme titled Outreach has completed 10 years and impacted 4,50,000 lives through its work in the areas of education, community welfare and environment. During this period, over 100,000 Cognizant employees clocked in two million hours of volunteering across 20 countries, making Outreach one of the largest corporate volunteering efforts.
Outreach has partnered with over 160 schools across India, primarily Government and Government-aided schools in urban and rural areas, to conduct additional classroom sessions in Science, Computing, Mathematics, English and other subjects to help increase learning levels among children. Outreach volunteers teach nearly 100 classroom sessions in India every week. As a result of the new and innovative teaching methods adopted by Outreach volunteers, many schools have recorded 100% pass percentage in class X and XII board examinations, and over 150,000 school children have made informed career choices with Outreach's career awareness sessions.
Since 2012, the Outreach scholarship programme has supported the education of over 1,400 students based on merit, 72 per cent of them being girls. Over 90 per cent of these scholars are first-time graduates, and most have now secured careers in top companies, including Cognizant.
In addition, Outreach volunteers coach visually challenged students for competitive exams, conducts life skills sessions, and record audio books and assists them as scribes in exams. The volunteers also conduct regular learning sessions for children with learning disabilities.
As a technology company, Cognizant employees understand the power of technology and have therefore included virtual volunteering opportunities as part of its new charter to expand the scope of volunteering in remote areas. Through video-conferencing, Cognizant employees around the globe have started engaging with children in rural and remote areas to further the impact of Outreach’s educational initiatives.
- Inbrief 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 06 Dec 2017 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Study Centres 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Scholarship 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Mindit 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
- flexi-workforce the new mantra 06 Dec 2017 | Vidur Gupta
- A cutting-edge option 06 Dec 2017 | VIPUL JAIN
- Liberal exchange 06 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Amazon hired 24 students 06 Dec 2017 | pns
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The students securing 70 per cent marks in the Class XII examination will also get the benefit of the Chief Minister's Medhavi Vidyarthi Protsahan Yojna from next year. The scheme will cover all courses offered in government colleges...