- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
The Oxford University Press (OUP), India, has partnered with the Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) for the Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO), a first-of-its-kind national competition to reward, recognise and celebrate teachers. TPO 2017 will be held in 14 subject tracks and four languages (English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu), across 28 cities in India and one centre in Dubai on December 9, 2017. Designed as a two-hour multiple-choice objective test, the TPO focuses on subject pedagogy, classroom practices, logical ability and communication skills of teachers. It also offers a unique challenger track which is an additional test for in-depth subject expertise aimed to identify teachers with a great conceptual depth of the subject.
OUP, the world’s largest university press, will sponsor the top two winners of the English Challenger track for a two-week Oxford English Language Teachers’ Academy Masterclass at the University of Oxford, UK. The third to sixth rank holders in the English Challenger track will be sponsored for the Oxford Teachers’ Academy online training programme in partnership with the University of Oxford and rank holders seventh to sixteenth will receive sponsorship for OUP’s Online Teacher Training Programme. In addition to the training opportunities sponsored by Oxford University Press, winners of TPO 2017 can look forward to a wide range of rewards from other organisations: 17 winners will attend the Global Education and Skills Forum in Dubai. Winners can look forward to cash awards and the opportunity to co-author a book.
- My Future in Schools 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Mentor India initiative 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- MATE classroom programme 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rise in women bankers 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Research collaboration 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- School of vocational studies launched 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- MOOC course 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Admissions open 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Inter-personal way to success 18 Oct 2017 | Avinash Bharwani
- INBREIF 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...