- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
The Team India gears up to participate at the biggest exhibition —WorldSkills Competition which will be organised in Abu Dhabi from October 14 to 19, 2017. Around 1,200 competitors from 70-plus countries will compete across 50 skills. WorldSkills India has selected a team of 28 competitors who will compete in 26 skills ranging from car painting, brick laying, hair styling, beauty therapy, proto-type modeling, auto body repair, mobile robotics, welding etc.
The National Skill Development Corporation India (NSDC) had identified all the competitors through a series of competitions organised at regional and national levels over the past two years. Post which all the candidates have undergone extensive training with industry partners, which has helped them improve their skills before the competition. NSDC organised a three-day training and team building workshop recently that aimed at equipping the candidates with softer skill such as time management, coping with pressure and other pre-event preparation required to participate at the competition. The workshop was conducted by renowned soft skills training organisation, Tata Strive. Leading sports personalities like Sachin Tendulkar, Deepa Malik, Devendra Jhajharia and Rehan Poncha interacted with the contestants to share their experiences and gave valuable input on coping with the pressure.
- Fortuner/Vinayak Bhatt 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Wanted Interns 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėTake this route‚Äô 20 Sep 2017 | Suresh Rajan
- Be a forensic pathologist 20 Sep 2017 | Dr Ravi Gaur
- New programme 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Industry Day 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Future of skills & jobs 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Skilling programme 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- New MOOC courses 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Admissions open 20 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...