- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause'
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC
After 15 Years of Global Terror
The Americans witnessed a new brand of horror on September 11, 2011. No one even ever thought that terrorism in the form of ‘jihadism’ which surfaced in the American soil on that fateful day will its legacy so far so away. Recounting the terror trail of one and half decade, we can safely say that terrorism and extremism have taken altogether a global form. It’s a great leap forward from the insurgents and rebels to the sophisticated terror armed with gizmos and gadgets with an all-pervading reach of the globe.
Most of these terror outfits and their followers are schooled in Islamic jihad. They find their common enemy either in the former imperial powers like America, Britain, France, Germany etc. or in countries like India, China, and Bangladesh wherein they launch a battle for establishing supremacy. Vowed to bring back the pure form of Sharia, these newly born jihadists targets the non-believers with extreme level of violence. Mainly the jihadists belong to Sunni Muslims like the dreaded Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Islamic State, Taliban etc. who also often launch mindless wars against their co-Muslims belonging to Shia community.
Will there be an end to this bloodshed against innocent civilians? Is it a sectarian clash? Is it an old war against the oppressor by the oppressed? Whatsoever it may be, jihadist terror has taken an international form. Besides, Islamic militancy has developed an institutional set up and today it is well-established with an inter-continental network. Therefore, a revamped global mechanism must be initiated to tackle the Islamists. Most importantly, the militants must be separated from the millions of ordinary Muslims who can be the most reliable force to fight the former from within.
Isolating the entire community can very well defeat the strategies to fight terror particularly in the advanced western nations. War against global terrorism is on. It must be pursued beyond religion and territoriality. Terrorists and extremists are enemies of humanity. We must take a pledge to fight this menace. Else the devil will engulf the entire world.
- Crime Capital 21 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- How India Should Respond 20 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- Why the Layoffs? 19 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- Rise of Naxal Terror 17 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- Cracks in PDP? 16 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- Why Delay in Appointment of Judges? 15 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- Setback for Trinamool Congress in Tripura ? 14 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- Majuli-Declared New District 12 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- India‚Äôs Absence at SAARC Finance Minister‚Äôs Meet 10 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
- AAP: Where to Go from Here? 08 Sep 2016 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Despite facing resistance from the city residents for closing down a few major cut points alongside MG Road and Harmu Bypass Road, the traffic police personnel are following the original plan in order to ensure smooth vehicular movement. SP (Traffic), Sanjay Ranjan Singh on Friday said that the orders of closing cut points along the two major routes will be followed as per the instructions received from Chief Minister, Raghubar Das...