BUSINESS & FINANCE
Bajaj Finserv Q4 net profit up 36%
Bajaj Finserv Ltd has posted 36 per cent rise in consolidated net profit to Rs 1,113.83 crore for the March quarter of financial year 2017-18.
It had a net profit of Rs 818.72 crore in the January-March quarter of 2016-17.
Total revenues of the company grew by 25.4 per cent to Rs 8,829.35 crore in the fourth quarter of last fiscal as against Rs 7,040.17 crore in the year-ago period, Bajaj Finserv said in a regulatory filing.
For the entire 2017-18, the company's net profit increased by 25.8 per cent to Rs 4,339.88 crore, from Rs 3,449.71 crore.
Income in 2017-18 stood at Rs 30,599.41 crore, up from Rs 24,507.72 crore earned in 2016-17.
Directors recommend a dividend of Rs 1.75 per share (35 per cent) subject to approval of shareholders, it said in a regulatory filing.
Bajaj Finserv is the holding company for the various financial services businesses under the Bajaj group.
It is engaged in the business of providing financial services for asset acquisition through financing, general insurance, life and health insurance and retirement and savings solutions.
Stock of Bajaj Finserv closed 4.67 per cent up at Rs 5,566.40 on BSE.
- India, EU officials take stock of long stalled FTA negotiations 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Shareholders vote Brian Tempest out of Fortis' board 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Tata Motors Q4 net profit down nearly 50% to Rs 2,176 cr 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Cabinet approves ordinance amending Bankruptcy Code 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Oil stocks under pressure; slip up to 8% 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Microsoft to extend GDPR privacy rights to customers worldwide 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Venezuela willing to accept oil payments in rupees: Envoy 22 May 2018 | PTI
- ED seizes Dabur India director's assets worth Rs 21 cr 22 May 2018 | IANS
- India poised to join China as global leaders in renewables: Report 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Royal Enfield launches classic World War II era motorcycle model in UK 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Accusing the Bharatiya Janata Party of blatantly violating the model code of conduct in the Tharali Assembly by-election, a Congress delegation met the State’s chief electoral officer Sowjanya and submitted a memorandum addressed to the chief election commissioner of India. Among the alleged violations, the Congress averred that money being used by the BJP to influence voters was being transported in the helicopter used by the chief Minister...