- Kerala tribal youth beaten to death by lynch mob
- Modi greets Trudeau with hug at ceremonial reception
- AAP vs Chief Secy: Police team at CM's residence
- PNB fraud: ED freezes deposits, shares worth Rs 44cr of Nirav Modi group
- Trump admin makes H1-B visa approval tough; Indian firms to be impacted
- Sunanda Pushkar death: SC notice to Delhi Police on Swamy's plea for SIT probe
- Australian Deputy PM resigns amid sexual harassment claim
- Parrikar discharged from Mumbai hospital
- SC asks if Kerala HC was justified in annulling Hadiya's marriage
- Canada High Commission cancels dinner invite to Khalistan terrorist
- PNB fraud: ED seizes luxury cars, more assets of Modi, Choksi
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal ministry sets up GST facilitation cell for stakeholders
With barely a month left for GST launch from July 1, the Ministry of Coal today held a meeting to review preparedness of the stakeholders for the new tax regime and set up a facilitation cell.
Besides, GST cells have been made operational in each of the PSUs under the ministry.
"With a view to facilitating implementation of GST for the stakeholders concerned, the secretary (coal) held a meeting to review the status of preparedness for GST and the steps to be taken by the organisations under it... And also to facilitate and guide the stakeholders, particularly their consumers and suppliers," it said.
Coal is a key component in steel making, which has been put in the lowest bracket of 5 per cent under GST.
The all-powerful GST Council will meet on Sunday to review some of the rates on which industry has expressed its apprehension.
This will be the 16th meeting of the Council, to be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It also comprises his state counterparts.
- 'Made in India' 4G LTE telecom system to connect rural areas 23 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Why Should you Open a Company FD Account in 2018? 23 Feb 2018 | Agencies
- Sensex jumps 107 pts as March F&O series opens strong 23 Feb 2018 | PTI
- New WhatsApp Terms of Service reveals close collaboration with Facebook 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- RBI's new NPA norms may undermine bank earnings: Fitch 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Microsoft Surface Pro now available in India 22 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Gitanjali Gems plunges over 56% in six days 21 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Mukesh Ambani vows add'l Rs 10k cr investment in UP 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Sensex rises 208 pts; Nifty tops 10,400-mark ahead of F&O expiry 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- 'PNB fraud shows how banking system fails to detect it' 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Feb 2018 | PNS
Special cleanliness drive today Bhopal: The Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation is organising a special cleanliness drive on Saturday at Government Sultania Hospital on Saturday. The Nirankari volunteers will assemble at 7...