BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal ministry sets up GST facilitation cell for stakeholders
With barely a month left for GST launch from July 1, the Ministry of Coal today held a meeting to review preparedness of the stakeholders for the new tax regime and set up a facilitation cell.
Besides, GST cells have been made operational in each of the PSUs under the ministry.
"With a view to facilitating implementation of GST for the stakeholders concerned, the secretary (coal) held a meeting to review the status of preparedness for GST and the steps to be taken by the organisations under it... And also to facilitate and guide the stakeholders, particularly their consumers and suppliers," it said.
Coal is a key component in steel making, which has been put in the lowest bracket of 5 per cent under GST.
The all-powerful GST Council will meet on Sunday to review some of the rates on which industry has expressed its apprehension.
This will be the 16th meeting of the Council, to be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It also comprises his state counterparts.
- Sensex gains 147 pts on firm global cues, Nifty reclaims 10,600 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Bharti Infratel Q4 net profit rises 2 pc to Rs 606 cr 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Infra lending may take a back seat as RBI refuses to budge on new NPA rules 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- TCS becomes first listed Indian co to hit $100-bn m-cap 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India calls for strong quota-based permanent resource base for IMF 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India's GDP expected to reach USD 5 trillion by 2025: Economic Affairs secy 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- BMW expects 50% of sales in India to come from X series SUVs 22 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Big reforms made India fastest emerging economy: Economic Affairs Secy 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Apple loses $60bn over reports of weak smartphone demand in 2018 21 Apr 2018 | IANS
- US-China trade war to hurt global growth: EIU 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...