- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal ministry sets up GST facilitation cell for stakeholders
With barely a month left for GST launch from July 1, the Ministry of Coal today held a meeting to review preparedness of the stakeholders for the new tax regime and set up a facilitation cell.
Besides, GST cells have been made operational in each of the PSUs under the ministry.
"With a view to facilitating implementation of GST for the stakeholders concerned, the secretary (coal) held a meeting to review the status of preparedness for GST and the steps to be taken by the organisations under it... And also to facilitate and guide the stakeholders, particularly their consumers and suppliers," it said.
Coal is a key component in steel making, which has been put in the lowest bracket of 5 per cent under GST.
The all-powerful GST Council will meet on Sunday to review some of the rates on which industry has expressed its apprehension.
This will be the 16th meeting of the Council, to be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It also comprises his state counterparts.
- RBI allocates portfolio to deputy guv Jain 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Sebi imposes Rs 25L fine on 2 promoters of Parsoli Corporation 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- JSW Steel proposes to invest $500 mn in US-based steel plant 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- PM to inaugurate third AIIB annual meet on Jun 26 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- GST to help warehousing sector grow 20% annually for 3 yrs:JLL 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Tata Projects consortium bags Rs 11,744 cr order from MHADA 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- JSW Steel to invest up to USD 500 mn in US-based steel manufacturing unit 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India facing real challenge at WTO: Suresh Prabhu 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Gold slips by Rs 200 on low demand, global cues 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...