- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal ministry sets up GST facilitation cell for stakeholders
With barely a month left for GST launch from July 1, the Ministry of Coal today held a meeting to review preparedness of the stakeholders for the new tax regime and set up a facilitation cell.
Besides, GST cells have been made operational in each of the PSUs under the ministry.
"With a view to facilitating implementation of GST for the stakeholders concerned, the secretary (coal) held a meeting to review the status of preparedness for GST and the steps to be taken by the organisations under it... And also to facilitate and guide the stakeholders, particularly their consumers and suppliers," it said.
Coal is a key component in steel making, which has been put in the lowest bracket of 5 per cent under GST.
The all-powerful GST Council will meet on Sunday to review some of the rates on which industry has expressed its apprehension.
This will be the 16th meeting of the Council, to be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It also comprises his state counterparts.
- Power tariffs will not rise with GST, says Goyal 22 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Venkaiah wants cities to raise funds from local markets 22 Jun 2017 | PTI
- NITI Aayog to evaluate central schemes in UTs every quarter 22 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Russia can take lead in Make in India for defence: Jaitley 21 Jun 2017 | IANS
- All states sans J&K pass SGST Bill to keep date with July 1 21 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Sensex makes a shaky start as oil heads down 21 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Cabinet to take a call on Air India, says Jayant Sinha 20 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Sensex adds to gains, up 81 pts on overseas cues 20 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Government hopes telecom sector's health will be clear in 3 months 19 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Cairn tax dispute: I-T dept confiscates dividend, refund 19 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Bhopalites would witness a mild evening of devotional songs and classical music at Dushyant Kumar Memorial Museum of Manuscript. The event Aradhna will be held at the museum on Thursday...