- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal ministry sets up GST facilitation cell for stakeholders
With barely a month left for GST launch from July 1, the Ministry of Coal today held a meeting to review preparedness of the stakeholders for the new tax regime and set up a facilitation cell.
Besides, GST cells have been made operational in each of the PSUs under the ministry.
"With a view to facilitating implementation of GST for the stakeholders concerned, the secretary (coal) held a meeting to review the status of preparedness for GST and the steps to be taken by the organisations under it... And also to facilitate and guide the stakeholders, particularly their consumers and suppliers," it said.
Coal is a key component in steel making, which has been put in the lowest bracket of 5 per cent under GST.
The all-powerful GST Council will meet on Sunday to review some of the rates on which industry has expressed its apprehension.
This will be the 16th meeting of the Council, to be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It also comprises his state counterparts.
- Smartphones sales break all record on Black Friday 25 Nov 2017 | IANS
- S&P keeps sovereign rating unchanged; govt says action unfair 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Apple offices raided ahead of iPhone X launch in S.Korea 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Sensex goes up 102 points, Nifty above 10,370 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 14 lakh jobs created in Karnataka in four years: Minister 23 Nov 2017 | IANS
- India firm on stopping terrorists from using social media: Prasad 23 Nov 2017 | IANS
- India, US will continue to work for inclusive growth: Ivanka 23 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Modi expresses concern over large number of grievances of consumers 22 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Facebook launches digital, start-up training hubs in India 22 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Sensex goes up 112 pts, Asian leads support 22 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...