BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal ministry sets up GST facilitation cell for stakeholders
With barely a month left for GST launch from July 1, the Ministry of Coal today held a meeting to review preparedness of the stakeholders for the new tax regime and set up a facilitation cell.
Besides, GST cells have been made operational in each of the PSUs under the ministry.
"With a view to facilitating implementation of GST for the stakeholders concerned, the secretary (coal) held a meeting to review the status of preparedness for GST and the steps to be taken by the organisations under it... And also to facilitate and guide the stakeholders, particularly their consumers and suppliers," it said.
Coal is a key component in steel making, which has been put in the lowest bracket of 5 per cent under GST.
The all-powerful GST Council will meet on Sunday to review some of the rates on which industry has expressed its apprehension.
This will be the 16th meeting of the Council, to be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It also comprises his state counterparts.
- Sensex at new peak of 32,533.34 on fund inflow, F&O expiry 27 Jul 2017 | PTI
- GST incentivises investments in SEZs: Official 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- We consider Murthy a well wisher,not shareholder activist:Infy Co-Chairman 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Sensex rises 50 pts in early trade on earnings 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Vedanta Q1 net doubles to Rs 1,525 cr on better margins 25 Jul 2017 | IANS
- TDSAT hearing on Reliance Jio free-offer case on Aug 18 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Microsoft Paint brushed aside 25 Jul 2017 | AFP
- Washington Post being used as lobbyist weapon by Amazon: Trump 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Ambuja Cements' Q2 consolidated net profit up 12% 24 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Expect Indian growth to pick up in 2017, 2018: IMF 24 Jul 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jul 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The State health department has initiated a process to open a small medical unit at the office of State health directorate for the employees posted there. The State health directorate is located at Danda Lakhaund on Sahastradhara road...