- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Coal ministry sets up GST facilitation cell for stakeholders
With barely a month left for GST launch from July 1, the Ministry of Coal today held a meeting to review preparedness of the stakeholders for the new tax regime and set up a facilitation cell.
Besides, GST cells have been made operational in each of the PSUs under the ministry.
"With a view to facilitating implementation of GST for the stakeholders concerned, the secretary (coal) held a meeting to review the status of preparedness for GST and the steps to be taken by the organisations under it... And also to facilitate and guide the stakeholders, particularly their consumers and suppliers," it said.
Coal is a key component in steel making, which has been put in the lowest bracket of 5 per cent under GST.
The all-powerful GST Council will meet on Sunday to review some of the rates on which industry has expressed its apprehension.
This will be the 16th meeting of the Council, to be chaired by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. It also comprises his state counterparts.
- Sensex gets a scare on global headwinds, dives 287 pts 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Exports of petrol, diesel cars can continue, hints Gadkari 24 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Modi asks Indians to see more of India, promote tourism 24 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Gold will not glitter this Diwali! 24 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Subdued economic sentiment weighs heavy on equity indices 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Prabhu meets Korean biz leaders to enhance cooperation 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Facebook tests WhatsApp shortcut in its app 23 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Yamaha to invest over Rs 200 crore in Chennai plant 22 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Economy booster package should look at raising capital expenditure: Rangarajan 22 Sep 2017 | IANS
- Sensex drops 253 points, Nifty below 10,050 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...