- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
MORE BUSINESS & FINANCE NEWS
- Toyota sees flat sales in India this year on note ban blues 22 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Samsung to release report on Galaxy Note 7 fire incidents 22 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Indiabulls cuts interest rates for existing customers by 15bps 22 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Trai may suggest Aadhaar eKYC for outstation users buying SIM 22 Jan 2017 | PTI
- HP Inc announces moderate price hike across products 21 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Bengal business meet nets over Rs 2 lakh cr investment proposals 21 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Protectionism fears remain, but US, India collaboration to continue: FinMin, Industry 21 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Jaitley skips Bengal Global Business event 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Prez okays change in rules for rail budget merger 20 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Need strategies to create jobs: Manmohan Singh 20 Jan 2017 | IANS
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
23 Jan 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
After days of negotiation and playing hard ball, the Samajwadi Party and Congress forged an alliance for the UP assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh. A formal announcement of the alliance was made here on Sunday...
I don't think I can return home without risks. There will not be a time for that. I'll have to take the risk.
It's paradoxical to see those aiding extinction of native breeds talk about cruelty to animals in the bull-taming sport.
I have taken him (Ambika Chaudhary) in BSP. He will be given full respect, much more than he was getting in the Samajwadi Party.