- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
- VIRGIN, MAHA IN PACT TO BUILD MUMBAI-PUNE HYPERLOOP 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- AAI terminates licences for ground handling services at airports 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Struggling LeEco plans smartphone with 18:9 aspect ratio: Report 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Odisha for collaboration with UN agencies on SDGs 17 Feb 2018 | IANS
- JK spends Rs 2,000 cr annually on import of meat, poultry 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Itel Mobile registers 217% growth in India 17 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India's domestic air passenger traffic up over 19% in January 16 Feb 2018 | IANS
- UP govt presents Rs 4.28 lakh cr 2018-19 budget 16 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Sensex rises 196 pts, Nifty reclaims 10,600-mark 16 Feb 2018 | PTI
- RBI ready to inject additional liquidity 15 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...