- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
MORE BUSINESS & FINANCE NEWS
- Microsoft shares jump as Cloud, Office lead profits 21 Oct 2016 | IANS
- SBI advises customers to use own ATMs 21 Oct 2016 | IANS
- Vodafone to offer free incoming national calls from Diwali 21 Oct 2016 | IANS
- Delhi Metro to add 258 new coaches 21 Oct 2016 | IANS
- PPP model needs to develop to boost infra investment: Moody's 20 Oct 2016 | PTI
- India's mfg sector in trouble, needs to take on China: Geete 20 Oct 2016 | PTI
- 'Calls to boycott Chinese goods won't have political effect' 20 Oct 2016 | PTI
- RBI Board meets to review global, domestic challenges to economy 20 Oct 2016 | IANS
- Sensex stays positive, jumps 80 pts after Asia upmove 19 Oct 2016 | PTI
- Tata Motors hikes passenger vehicle prices by up to Rs 12,000 19 Oct 2016 | PTI
21 Oct 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
A day after announcing to defy the party and launch the poll campaign from November 3, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has asked his supporters to keep off from the SP first family’s dispute and refrain from shooting letters to the party chief or issuing statements. Yadav on Thursday said, ``No leader party should either issue statements in my favour or write to party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav or any other leader...
Unlike Hillary Clinton, who's gotten very rich being a politician, peddling American influence, my father (Donald Trump) hasn't.
We are not entertainers. Classical musicians are not entertainers. We take the legacy of classical music forward.
Having Guru Dutt as a cousin, was a great advantage. It was a kind of goal. Because he was a film director, I could also be one.