BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
- Rupee cracks below 66-level in free fall, plunges 32 paise vs USD 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
- TCS m-cap nears $100 bn; investors richer by Rs 41,301 cr 20 Apr 2018 | PTI
- 2G: Court issues notice to Essar-Loop promoters on CBI plea 20 Apr 2018 | IANS
- TCS net up 4.6% in Q4, slips 1.8% for 2017-18 20 Apr 2018 | IANS
- China's bicycle sharing firm ofo gets over 1.1 million orders in India 19 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Chai Point raises $20 million in Series C funding round 19 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Apple working on iPhone SE 2: Report 19 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Peak traffic hours in 4 Indian cities costing $22bn a year: Uber 18 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Sensex rises over 100 points, Nifty nears 10,600 18 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Airbnb launches 'Healthy Tourism' initiative 18 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...