- Actor Inder Kumar dies of heart attack
- Armed forces fully equipped to deal with contingencies: Jaitley
- Panamagate case: SC disqualifies Sharif
- Nitish Kumar moves confidence motion in Bihar Assembly
- RJD MLAs protest against Nitish outside Bihar assembly
- Doval says 'outcome' at BRICS security meet will have an impact on summit
- Panamagate: Sharif's fate hangs in balance
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
- Increasing tax on cigarette industry is concerning: ITC 28 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos becomes world's richest person ‚Äď briefly 28 Jul 2017 | AFP
- Sensex slides 190 points on profit-booking 28 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Tips to play rummy safely on online gaming portals 27 Jul 2017 | Agencies
- Idea Cellular posts standalone net loss of Rs 617 crore in Q1 27 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Sagar Mala project to transform logistic sector: Modi 27 Jul 2017 | IANS
- Very much hope Sikka will deliver results, Infy Co-chairman 27 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Sensex at new peak of 32,533.34 on fund inflow, F&O expiry 27 Jul 2017 | PTI
- GST incentivises investments in SEZs: Official 26 Jul 2017 | IANS
- We consider Murthy a well wisher,not shareholder activist:Infy Co-Chairman 26 Jul 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | bhopal
The theatre artists are learning about the aspect of theatre that actually creates magic on stage ie ‘the script’. A script writing workshop is being organised by Vihaan Drama Works, Bhopal for the city theatre aspirants...