- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
MORE BUSINESS & FINANCE NEWS
- Donuts in flight in first US-approved drone delivery 23 Jul 2016 | AFP
- Twitter will not Periscope its quarterly earnings results 23 Jul 2016 | IANS
- Tata Metaliks net profit rises 26% in Q1 23 Jul 2016 | IANS
- India is youngest start-up nation with 72% founders below 35 years: Sitharaman 23 Jul 2016 | IANS
- Prabhu to inaugurate first green train corridor on Sunday 23 Jul 2016 | IANS
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index 22 Jul 2016 | PTI
- VIA turns 10 in style, expects 50 million users at 10th anniversary sale 22 Jul 2016 | Agencies
- Axis Bank Q1 profit dips 21% at Rs 1,556 cr 22 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Post-Brexit India a safe haven for investors: Jaitley 22 Jul 2016 | IANS
- Sensex climbs 73 pts on Asian cues 21 Jul 2016 | PTI
24 Jul 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
On the defensive for the last two days over profane remarks by sacked vice-president Dayashanker Singh against BSP chief Mayawati, the BJP upped its ante on Saturday by demonstrating across UP against foul language used by protesting BSP leaders against Singh’s wife and minor daughter. In Lucknow, BJP workers fought a pitched battle with the police when they were stopped by the men in uniform from taking out a protest march...
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.