- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
MORE BUSINESS & FINANCE NEWS
- IMF keeps watch on Brexit, stands ready to offer support 25 Jun 2016 | IANS
- Brexit: Rupee plunges 96 paise; pares some loss on RBI support 24 Jun 2016 | PTI
- Brexit can give better market access to India: SBI 24 Jun 2016 | IANS
- Sahara auction: Sebi adds 16 land parcels, bid price Rs 650 cr 24 Jun 2016 | PTI
- BSES gears up for mishap-free power supply to Delhi in monsoon 24 Jun 2016 | IANS
- Sensex in wait-and-watch mode ahead of 'Brexit' vote 23 Jun 2016 | PTI
- ITC pushes for compulsory licensing for all cigarette-makers 23 Jun 2016 | IANS
- Textiles package will help create jobs: Sitharaman 23 Jun 2016 | IANS
- Swamy attacks Shaktikanta Das, Jaitley calls it unfair, false 23 Jun 2016 | PTI
- Indian companies in US to boost strategic partnership: Kerry 22 Jun 2016 | PTI
19 Jun 2016 | Biswajeet Banerjee
Millions of men, women and children in India live and work in slave-like conditions — bonded labour, sex trafficking, child labour, domestic servitude and many other forms. This raises a big question mark on the efficacy of the very laws that vouch to end the inhuman practice, writes Biswajeet Banerjee “My father had taken a loan of Rs7,000 from a bhatta maalik (brick kiln owner) around four decades ago for my...
25 Jun 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Agriculture Production Commissioner (APC) Pravir Kumar is likely to be elevated as officiating Chief Secretary on June 30, after the retirement of the present incumbent Alok Ranjan. The present Chief Secretary is on an extension of three months and has refused a second extension...
We don’t know why India showed its desperation and allowed the country to be equated with Pakistan on the issue of NSG membership.
I am actually dying to get married and have been waiting for the other party to agree. Men have no say... It's the women who decide it all.
Brexit will provide the country better market access to the EU and England, even as there will be some market volatility for now.