- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
- Agency banks, RBI offices to remain open till April 1 25 Mar 2017 | IANS
- Gold weakens on global cues, muted demand 25 Mar 2017 | PTI
- 'Manufacturers agree to fortify edible oil with Vitamin A&D' 25 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Sensex extends gains by 113 points, Nifty regains 9,100 level 24 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Honda Cars expects positive growth in 2017-18 24 Mar 2017 | IANS
- No plans to print Rs 5,000, Rs 10,000 notes: Government 24 Mar 2017 | IANS
- iPhone 6s named best-selling smartphone of 2016 23 Mar 2017 | IANS
- Par panel to summon Urjit Patel again on Apr 20 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Jaitley slams Congress for doubting growth data 23 Mar 2017 | PTI
- Sensex drops 252 points, Nifty slips below 9,050 22 Mar 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
26 Mar 2017 | Kushan Mitra
The advent of online streaming services that can stream content directly to your television screen is making the argument for cutting the cable connection more and more convincing, believes Kushan Mitra Is it time to cut the cable? In the past year and a half, online television streaming services Hotstar Premium, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have launched their services in India. There is also Voot from Viacom18 and Sony LIV...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Mar 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav accused Adityanath Yogi of targeting officers of a particular caste after taking over reins in the state. Yadav was briefing media persons after a meeting of the national executive of Samajwadi Party in Lucknow on Saturday...