- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Datsun GO hits road at starting price of Rs3.12 lakh
Japanese auto major Nissan on Wednesday introduced its Datsun brand hatchback ‘GO’, priced between Rs3.12 lakh and Rs3.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
“With Datsun we are entering a segment, which we can’t address with the Nissan brand. We expect the Datsun brand to contribute half to one-third of Nissan’s sales in India,” said Nissan Motor India MD and CEO Kenichiro Yomura while talking to The Pioneer.
The company will launch three models under the Datsun brand by FY’16 and discolosed that Oragadum plant, which has a production capacity of 4 lakh units annually, will reach its full capacity with the manufacturing of Datsun GO.When asked about the export plans for the product, Yomura said: “There are no immediate plans to export the car. But if there is an opportunity we can have a look at it”.
Datsun products will be available at Nissan dealerships and the company currently has 125 dealerships across the country.“It will be retailed through a fully-branded environment within Nissan’s dealership network across the country,” Yomura added.Datsun GO has fuel efficiency of 20.64 km per litre and comes with various features including electronic power steering, front power windows and mobile docking station.
The launch of Datsun comes at a time when Nissan Motor India has plans to introduce 10 new models in India by 2016.The company is targeting to garner a 10 per cent market share in the automobile industry by 2016. It has also proposed to increase dealership networks to 300.Nissan Motor would sell the Datsun GO and other models from the Datsun range on its own in India. Besides Datsun, Nissan Motor India currently retails hatchback Micra, sedan - Sunny, SUV Terrano, among others.
MORE BUSINESS & FINANCE NEWS
- Mehbooba Mufti seeks RBI support for youth empowerment 01 May 2016 | IANS
- Modi gives LPG connections, vows to help poor 01 May 2016 | IANS
- Bharti Airtel, GBI ink accord to expand Middle East network 01 May 2016 | IANS
- Non-subsidised LPG, non-PDS kerosene, jet fuel rates hiked 01 May 2016 | IANS
- Lenders begin auction of brand Kingfisher, trademarks 30 Apr 2016 | PTI
- Jaishankar, Blinken discussed advancing civil-nuke cooperation 30 Apr 2016 | PTI
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Sinha 30 Apr 2016 | PTI
- SC refuses to extend deadline for converting diesel taxis to CNG 30 Apr 2016 | IANS
- Sensex slips 56 pts as May series gets off to a shaky start 29 Apr 2016 | PTI
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert 29 Apr 2016 | PTI
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Secretary Anthony de Sa reviewed activities under Gramoday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan on Saturday. It was informed that so far, Gram Sansad has been held in 12,464 Gram panchayats in the State...
Smita Patil was gentle but stronger than anything you could ever encounter in a woman. Truly a gift we lost we never should have.
The CBI raided my house the day after the FIR was filed. They have not spoken to me since in the last three years. I cannot fight the perception battle.
She (Hillary) will go down easier than any of the people we just beat. You are going to have an unbelievably good result in November.