- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Deals platforms Nearbuy, Little Internet merge operations
Deals platforms Nearbuy and Little Internet have merged their operations with Paytm picking up a majority stake in this combined entity, the financial services platform said today.
"Paytm's strategic holding in Nearbuy-Little will provide Paytm's merchant partners an opportunity to offer deals to acquire new customers and grow their business," Paytm said in a statement.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. Paytm was an existing investor in Little.
The deal will create India’s largest discovery and deals platform for local merchants, it said.
Existing shareholders of Nearbuy, including Sequoia India, will also become shareholders of the merged entity, it added.
Nearbuy and Little work with over 40,000 merchants across categories like food, beauty and travel.
Paytm will also showcase a large number of deals on its platforms for consumers.
"This combination of Nearbuy and Little marks a great opportunity for us to reinforce our commitment to support small and large retailers in the new age of mobile commerce and Payments," Paytm founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma said.
- 15 'Samsung Smart Healthcare' centres launched in Tamil Nadu 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- PNB tanks 7%; m-cap drops Rs 10,975 cr in 4 days 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Microsoft's Bing to gain as Google kills 'view image' button 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Sensex slips below 34k level, down 131 pts in early trade 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- VIRGIN, MAHA IN PACT TO BUILD MUMBAI-PUNE HYPERLOOP 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- AAI terminates licences for ground handling services at airports 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Struggling LeEco plans smartphone with 18:9 aspect ratio: Report 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Odisha for collaboration with UN agencies on SDGs 17 Feb 2018 | IANS
- JK spends Rs 2,000 cr annually on import of meat, poultry 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Itel Mobile registers 217% growth in India 17 Feb 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...