BUSINESS & FINANCE
India ad spend to grow by 10.5% in 2018, to reach Rs 62,400 crore
Indian advertising spend is expected to grow by 10.5 per cent to reach Rs 62,400 crore in 2018 helped by the growing economy, global media and digital marketing communications company Dentsu Aegis Network said in its biannual global forecast.
While Chinese advertising market is predicted to grow 6.5 per cent to reach RMB 630 billion (Rs 6,65,246 crore) this year.
This would be 16.2 per cent of global ad investment, said Global Ad Spend Forecasts, June 2018.
"Growth will be driven by digital, which is forecast to command 60 per cent of advertising spend and increase by 14.8 per cent. The online giants Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent (BAT) are projected to contribute around 80 per cent of this growth, underlining their dominance of the marketplace," the forecast said.
While, on the domestic market, the forecast said: "India advertising spend market is expected to grow in 2018 by 10.5 per cent to reach Rs 624 billion."
Although there had been a slow start here in the first quarter in 2018, but has started picking up from March-April, the forecast said.
It further said:"Both social and online video will see growth for the next five years as India continues to evolve their internet, mobile, cloud audience."
According to it, the growth March-April was "fuelled by a stable recovery post demonetization/GST/RERA buoyed by the State Elections in Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland and Karnataka in April."
It further said that cricket series between India and South Africa in January, budget in February lead to continued expansion and growth of regional newspapers and television.
- India facing real challenge at WTO: Suresh Prabhu 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Gold slips by Rs 200 on low demand, global cues 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Key Indian equity indices open in green 21 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Uber India Systems sees profit grow marginally to Rs 19 cr in FY17 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- AIIB ready to pump in $1.9 b more into the country 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Bosch plans to invest Rs 1,700 cr in India in next 3 ys 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- OYO hotels announces its foray into China 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Bank Of Maharashtra CMD arrested in Rs 3,000 cr fake loans case 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Markets open on a higher note on Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- RBI revises upwards housing loan limits under priority sector 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) would use 180 buses of its fleet on Dehradun and Haridwar routes to ferry the Yoga participants from Haridwar and also to take them back after the International Yoga Day show at Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun is over. Divisional manager (Operational) UTC Dehradun, Pawan Mehra while talking to The pioneer said on Wednesday that around 280 busses operate from Dehradun depot...