- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
BUSINESS & FINANCE
India INX to commence trading in gold options from Aug 30
BSE-promoted India International Exchange (India INX) will launch trading in gold options from August 30, a move which will allow investors an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily market volatility.
India INX, which has received regulator Sebi's nod to launch the product, has estimated that gold options, along with other gold contracts, would clock a daily average turnover of USD 35 million on the exchange's platform.
Recently, domestic commodity exchange MCX also said it has received Sebi's approval to commence trading in gold options contracts. The bourse is likely to launch the product by August-end.
"Gold options will give participants an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily volatility," India INX managing director and CEO V Balasubramaniam said in a statement here.
"This instrument will give buyer a right to buy or sell an underlier at a preset price on a future date," he added.
In June, Sebi had allowed options trading in commodities to deepen the market but permitted each exchange to launch options on futures of only one commodity initially.
Trading in options has been a long pending demand of the exchanges and market intermediaries. While the market watchdog had agreed to permit options trading last year itself, some legal requirements were holding back the move.
Sebi had stipulated necessary guidelines with regard to the product design and risk management framework to be adopted for trading in options on commodity futures.
India Inx began its operations on January 16, 2017 and is India's first International Exchange set up at GIFT City in Gandhinagar.
The exchange, which operates for 22 hours a day, allows international investors and Non-Residents Indians to trade in various asset classes including equities and derivatives from anywhere across the globe.
- 64% Chrome traffic on Android devices protected: Google 21 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Modi hails IFFCO's measures for farmer's upliftment 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- India, Uzbekistan discuss judicial reforms 20 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Hero MotoCorp sells over 3 lakh units on Dhanteras 20 Oct 2017 | PTI
- US Senate passes $4tn budget blueprint 20 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Delhi gears up for less noisy, less toxic Diwali 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Google introduces physical security key 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- RBI sets rupee reference rate at 65.0649 against US dollar 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Google viewed as most authentic brand in India: Survey 17 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Options trading to help formalise gold trade: FM 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...