- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
BUSINESS & FINANCE
India INX to commence trading in gold options from Aug 30
BSE-promoted India International Exchange (India INX) will launch trading in gold options from August 30, a move which will allow investors an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily market volatility.
India INX, which has received regulator Sebi's nod to launch the product, has estimated that gold options, along with other gold contracts, would clock a daily average turnover of USD 35 million on the exchange's platform.
Recently, domestic commodity exchange MCX also said it has received Sebi's approval to commence trading in gold options contracts. The bourse is likely to launch the product by August-end.
"Gold options will give participants an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily volatility," India INX managing director and CEO V Balasubramaniam said in a statement here.
"This instrument will give buyer a right to buy or sell an underlier at a preset price on a future date," he added.
In June, Sebi had allowed options trading in commodities to deepen the market but permitted each exchange to launch options on futures of only one commodity initially.
Trading in options has been a long pending demand of the exchanges and market intermediaries. While the market watchdog had agreed to permit options trading last year itself, some legal requirements were holding back the move.
Sebi had stipulated necessary guidelines with regard to the product design and risk management framework to be adopted for trading in options on commodity futures.
India Inx began its operations on January 16, 2017 and is India's first International Exchange set up at GIFT City in Gandhinagar.
The exchange, which operates for 22 hours a day, allows international investors and Non-Residents Indians to trade in various asset classes including equities and derivatives from anywhere across the globe.
- PNB to honour 'all bonafide LoUs' 16 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Sensex slips 130 pts on weak global cues, Nifty tests 10,300 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Indian GST system among most complex globally: World Bank 16 Mar 2018 | IANS
- No extension for selling pre-GST stock with revised MRP: Paswan 15 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Paytm launches 2 new services under wealth management offering 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Infosys to open tech hub in Connecticut, create 1,000 jobs by 2022 15 Mar 2018 | PTI
- India to witness faster growth in 2018-19: Deloitte 14 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Govt wants to extend 'Make in India' plan to planes, drones: Prabhu 14 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Sensex down 150 pts, Nifty slips below 10,400 14 Mar 2018 | PTI
- RBI had cautioned banks multiple times on SWIFT misuse: Government 13 Mar 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
11 Mar 2018 | PTI | Beijing
An elderly woman in China on Saturday vandalised the stall of a fortune teller who wrongly predicted her death, according to a media report. The fortune-teller told the 70-year-old womanin Mianyang in southwestern Sichuan province in March last year that she would not live to see 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh and Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Arun Yadav on Friday called on Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat and urged him to get investigated the matter related to large scale irregularities in the electoral rolls in Madhya Pradesh. The two requested the CEC to get the matter investigated before the assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, scheduled in November, 2018...