BUSINESS & FINANCE
India INX to commence trading in gold options from Aug 30
BSE-promoted India International Exchange (India INX) will launch trading in gold options from August 30, a move which will allow investors an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily market volatility.
India INX, which has received regulator Sebi's nod to launch the product, has estimated that gold options, along with other gold contracts, would clock a daily average turnover of USD 35 million on the exchange's platform.
Recently, domestic commodity exchange MCX also said it has received Sebi's approval to commence trading in gold options contracts. The bourse is likely to launch the product by August-end.
"Gold options will give participants an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily volatility," India INX managing director and CEO V Balasubramaniam said in a statement here.
"This instrument will give buyer a right to buy or sell an underlier at a preset price on a future date," he added.
In June, Sebi had allowed options trading in commodities to deepen the market but permitted each exchange to launch options on futures of only one commodity initially.
Trading in options has been a long pending demand of the exchanges and market intermediaries. While the market watchdog had agreed to permit options trading last year itself, some legal requirements were holding back the move.
Sebi had stipulated necessary guidelines with regard to the product design and risk management framework to be adopted for trading in options on commodity futures.
India Inx began its operations on January 16, 2017 and is India's first International Exchange set up at GIFT City in Gandhinagar.
The exchange, which operates for 22 hours a day, allows international investors and Non-Residents Indians to trade in various asset classes including equities and derivatives from anywhere across the globe.
- Telecom operators can be fined Rs 5 lakh over call drop 18 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Jaitley asks states to reduce VAT on petroleum products 18 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Sensex plunges 208 pts; Infosys tanks 7% as Sikka resigns 18 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Garmin launches new range of smart watches in India 17 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Acer launches 'Predator Helios 300' gaming laptop in India 17 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Maruti rolls out sporty 'Ciaz S' at Rs 9.39 lakh 17 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Key Indian equity market indices open higher 17 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Centre approves new Metro Rail policy, private partnership mandatory 16 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Google buys Indian-origin professor's health monitoring start-up 16 Aug 2017 | IANS
- High GST may taper leasing industry growth 16 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
With inauguration of European Union Film Festival (EUFF) 2017 on Friday evening at its premises, the State government is all set to bring Audrey House in limelight as one of the most happening art and culture destinations of not only in the State, but in eastern part of the country as well. Principal Secretary to the CM Sanjay Kumar said on Thursday that the scheduled EUFF at one of the oldest...