- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
India, Philippines ink four pacts, resolve to fight terrorism
India and the Philippines on Monday inked four pacts providing for cooperation in a number of areas, including the defence and security, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with President Rodrigo Duterte, covering an entire gamut of bilateral relationship.
Identifying terrorism as a major threat facing the two countries and the region, the two leaders also resolved to expand bilateral cooperation to effectively deal with the challenge. "Both the leaders said scourge of terrorism has to be dealt with effectively. It is a very important outcome," Secretary (East) in the Exernal Affairs Ministry Preeti Saran told reporters.
The Prime Minister described the meeting as "productive". "Had a productive meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte. We hadextensive discussions on enhancing India-Philippines bilateral cooperation especially in trade, business and culture," he tweeted.
- Illegal mining: Ex-Goa CM files anticipatory bail plea 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- BJP is Indira-friendly as she was steeped in religion, says Jairam 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 8 TN fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Sasikala's brother says Jaya left her without ‚Äėprotection' 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Shripad Naik calls for yoga inclusion in hospitals 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Lucknow Metro gears up to check air pollution 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Pondy CM alleges interference by Guvs 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Karni men protest at Kolkata cinema 20 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Villagers protest ‚Äėland grab‚Äô, clash with cops at Panji Para 20 Nov 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Top functionary of NSCN-K arrested 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The report of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the delay in registering an FIR in the gang rape case that had recently shaken the State Capital, would be out on Monday. The STF was formed to investigate the gang rape case and to find out the police officials who were guilty of not registering an FIR in the case...