- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
BUSINESS & FINANCE
India to witness faster growth in 2018-19: Deloitte
Increased infrastructure spending and a revival in rural demand are likely to drive India's growth in the coming fiscal, according to a report by Britain-based advisory multinational Deloitte.
Deloitte's Voice of Asia report, released on Wednesday, expects faster than expected growth for Indian economy against the backdrop of increasing crude oil prices, trade protectionism posing major challengeand volatile market conditions.
"The improvement in domestic conditions is a positive sign that growth is picking up and will continue to maintain strong momentum in 2018, retaining India's position as the 'fastest growing large economy' in the world," a Deloitte statement said here.
The report said the negative effects of reforms like GST and demonetisation are receding and there is high optimism in domestic demand in the form of consumption and revival in small scale business, resulting in increased foreign direct investment (FDI) flows into India.
"After a year of disruptions and growth slowdown, Indian economy is consolidating the gains from the recent reforms and is moving in the right direction," Deloitte India Lead Economist Anis Chakravarty said in a statement.
"With a steady increase in FDI inflows and pick-up in growth in the Q3 of 2017, 2018 will expectedly remain a period of strong growth for India with a growth rate of around 6.8 - 6.9 per cent," he added.
- Haryana govt notifies development plan for Faridabad 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- SAARC nations' business leaders discuss regional economic integration in Nepal 18 Mar 2018 | Shirish B Pradhan
- Demonetization was a greatest lie, only Congress can end crisis: Chidambaram 18 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Snapchat CEO's net worth tanks $150 mn after Rihanna's rant 18 Mar 2018 | IANS
- RBI likely to remain on extended pause: Report 18 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Punjab govt releases Rs 690.96 cr for welfare schemes 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 'South Asian nations can piggyback on India's high growth rate' 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- PNB to honour 'all bonafide LoUs' 16 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Sensex slips 130 pts on weak global cues, Nifty tests 10,300 16 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Indian GST system among most complex globally: World Bank 16 Mar 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...