BUSINESS & FINANCE
India to witness faster growth in 2018-19: Deloitte
Increased infrastructure spending and a revival in rural demand are likely to drive India's growth in the coming fiscal, according to a report by Britain-based advisory multinational Deloitte.
Deloitte's Voice of Asia report, released on Wednesday, expects faster than expected growth for Indian economy against the backdrop of increasing crude oil prices, trade protectionism posing major challengeand volatile market conditions.
"The improvement in domestic conditions is a positive sign that growth is picking up and will continue to maintain strong momentum in 2018, retaining India's position as the 'fastest growing large economy' in the world," a Deloitte statement said here.
The report said the negative effects of reforms like GST and demonetisation are receding and there is high optimism in domestic demand in the form of consumption and revival in small scale business, resulting in increased foreign direct investment (FDI) flows into India.
"After a year of disruptions and growth slowdown, Indian economy is consolidating the gains from the recent reforms and is moving in the right direction," Deloitte India Lead Economist Anis Chakravarty said in a statement.
"With a steady increase in FDI inflows and pick-up in growth in the Q3 of 2017, 2018 will expectedly remain a period of strong growth for India with a growth rate of around 6.8 - 6.9 per cent," he added.
- Tata Projects consortium bags Rs 11,744 cr order from MHADA 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK 22 Jun 2018 | IANS
- JSW Steel to invest up to USD 500 mn in US-based steel manufacturing unit 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India facing real challenge at WTO: Suresh Prabhu 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Gold slips by Rs 200 on low demand, global cues 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Key Indian equity indices open in green 21 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Uber India Systems sees profit grow marginally to Rs 19 cr in FY17 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- AIIB ready to pump in $1.9 b more into the country 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Bosch plans to invest Rs 1,700 cr in India in next 3 ys 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- OYO hotels announces its foray into China 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...