BUSINESS & FINANCE
IndiGo to connect Trichy with Bengaluru and Kochi from June
Budget carrier IndiGo today said it will launch daily direct air services from Tiruchirappalli to Bengaluru and Kochi from next month.
The commencement of the new services, which will be carried out with the 72-seater ATR aircraft, is part of the airline's regional operations expansion plans, a release said.
The Gurugram-based no-frills carrier operates over 1,086 daily flights at present, connecting 42 domestic and eight international destinations with a fleet of 160 planes - 153 Airbus A320 and seven regional jets, ATR.
"After the recent launch of Tiruchirappalli as its 51st destination, IndiGo is all set to add two more sectors - Tiruchirappalli-Bengaluru and Tiruchirappalli-Kochi," the release said.
Effective June 1, IndiGo will operate four new flights connecting Tiruchirappalli to Chennai while the Tiruchirappalli-Kochi flights will be operational from June 28, the company said.
"Just like Coimbatore, Madurai and Chennai Tiruchirappalli is also a key market for IndiGo in Tamil Nadu. We are looking at providing affordable fares on these new routes for IndiGo travellers," IndiGo chief commercial officer Sanjay Kumar said.
The new flights are designed to cater to business and leisure travellers, the airline said adding the introduction of these flights will further strengthen IndiGo's ATR operations, and provide enhanced connectivity between Chennai and Tiruchirappalli.
- India, EU officials take stock of long stalled FTA negotiations 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Shareholders vote Brian Tempest out of Fortis' board 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Tata Motors Q4 net profit down nearly 50% to Rs 2,176 cr 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Cabinet approves ordinance amending Bankruptcy Code 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Oil stocks under pressure; slip up to 8% 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Microsoft to extend GDPR privacy rights to customers worldwide 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Venezuela willing to accept oil payments in rupees: Envoy 22 May 2018 | PTI
- ED seizes Dabur India director's assets worth Rs 21 cr 22 May 2018 | IANS
- India poised to join China as global leaders in renewables: Report 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Royal Enfield launches classic World War II era motorcycle model in UK 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat pulled up forest department officers for the lack of preparedness for tackling forest fires in the state. He asked the officers to explain why results were not visible if the preparations were okay...