BUSINESS & FINANCE
Key Indian equity market indices open flat
The key Indian equity market indices on Thursday opened flat after the Federal Reserve raised interest rates.
The Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the BSE, which had closed at 35,739.16 points on Wednesday, opened higher at 35,743.10 points.
Minutes into trading, it was quoting at 35,657.82 points, down by 81.34 points, or 0.23 per cent.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 51-scrip Nifty, which had closed at 10,856.70 points on Wednesday, was quoting at 10,819.50 points, down by 37.20 points or 0.34 per cent.
On the back of healthy industrial production data the key Indian equity indices on Wednesday traded in the green with boosted investor sentiments and significant buying was witnessed in healthcare, consumer durables and banking stocks.
However, weakness in the global markets arrested the gains.
The Sensex was up by 46.64 points or 0.13 per cent at the Wednesday's closing. In the day's trade, the barometer 30-scrip sensitive index had touched a high of 35,877.41 points and a low of 35,715.96 points. The Nifty, too, was up by 13.85 points or 0.13 per cent.
On Thursday, Asian indices were showing a negative trend. Japan's Nikkei 225 was quoting in red, down by 0.52 per cent while Hang Seng was down by 0.58 per cent, South Korea's Kospi was also down by 1.54 per cent.
China's Shanghai Composite index was trading in red, down by 0.27 per cent.
Overnight, Nasdaq closed in red, down by 0.11 per cent while FTSE 100 was also down marginally at the closing on Wednesday.
- Jaitley, senior ministers discuss Air India's future course 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- RBI proposals on large loans to improve fund management: SBI report 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- ICICI Bank up 4%; m-cap rises by Rs 6,631 cr amid mgmt reshuffle buzz 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Samsung spent $13.6bn on taxes globally in 2017 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
- 'New India 2022' document will be ready in a month, says NITI Aayog 17 Jun 2018 | PTI
- NABARD to lend Rs 21,000 crore to MP in current fiscal 17 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Sebi shares info on 14,720 entities involved in non-genuine trades with IT Dept 17 Jun 2018 | PTI
- SAARC fund to soon launch social enterprise programme in India 17 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Excise duty cut in oil to impact fiscal deficit badly: Moody's 17 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Worldwide smartphone shipments to grow 1.4% in 2018: Report 17 Jun 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | GIRIDIH
A team of Ganday police of Giridih district have arrested three cyber criminals and found 6 mobiles, 3 ATM cards, one cheque book of Bank of India ,and 8 Sim card and other gadgets from them near Raskutta, Jhilwa, Madhupur and Chapri village of Madhupur under Ganday police station on Sunday. The criminals were identified as Naresh Mandal, Nandkishor Mandal and Mahesh Hembram...