- UP BJP MLA dies in road crash on way to Investors' Summit
- PNB fraud: Centre opposes plea for SIT probe, says probe on
- SC stays criminal proceedings against Priya Varrier, director
- CBI arrests PNB General Manager in $1.8 bn fraud case
- Chief Secretary row: Delhi Police questions CM's advisor
- CBI begins questioning of Rotomac owner Kothari
- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
BUSINESS & FINANCE
November online recruitment activity registers 24% y-o-y growth
Online recruitment activities in the month of November registered a year-on-year (y-o-y) growth rate of 24 per cent with the home appliances sector in the lead with 72 per cent growth, a report said here on Thursday.
According to the Monster Employment Index, online hiring in banking/financial services, insurance increased to 56 per cent in November 2017 from 34 per cent in October 2017, with a four per cent increase in month-on-month demand.
The report said e-recruitment activity in production and manufacturing surpassed the year-ago level by 31 per cent.
The sector recorded a seven per cent increase in month-on-month growth. The IT sector has also shown growth with a jump from 23 per cent in October 2017 to 42 per cent in November 2017, it added.
"Interesting thing to observe is that tier II markets were seen outpacing metros in terms of online hiring but in November, we have witnessed a significant surge in demand in key metros such as Kolkata (51 per cent), Mumbai (23 per cent) and Chennai (13 per cent)," said Sanjay Modi, Managing Director, Monster.com, Asia Pacific and Middle-East.
"Another noteworthy development has been in the IT sector, where the recruitment has displayed a positive growth and showcases an optimistic scenario from a long-term perspective and recovery of the sector," he added.
City-wise data in the report showed there has been improvement in online recruitment activity, with Kolkata recording the most notable annual growth rate among all monitored cities at 51 per cent, followed by Baroda (up 46 per cent).
"In Mumbai, the year-on-year growth rate paced up from one per cent in October 2017 to 23 per cent in November 2017. Bengaluru (up 16 per cent), Chennai (up 13 per cent) and Delhi-NCR (up 6 per cent) also witnessed positive growth on the year," said the report.
The Monster Employment Index, which was launched in May 2010 with data collected since October 2009, is a broad and comprehensive monthly analysis of online job posting activity in India conducted by Monster India.
- Sensex rises 208 pts; Nifty tops 10,400-mark ahead of F&O expiry 21 Feb 2018 | PTI
- 'PNB fraud shows how banking system fails to detect it' 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Top honour for GCX, RCOM at Times Ascent Dream Companies to Work 2018 Awards 20 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Sensex recovers 157 points, Nifty above 10,400-mark 20 Feb 2018 | PTI
- 15 'Samsung Smart Healthcare' centres launched in Tamil Nadu 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- PNB tanks 7%; m-cap drops Rs 10,975 cr in 4 days 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Microsoft's Bing to gain as Google kills 'view image' button 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Sensex slips below 34k level, down 131 pts in early trade 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- VIRGIN, MAHA IN PACT TO BUILD MUMBAI-PUNE HYPERLOOP 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- AAI terminates licences for ground handling services at airports 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Feb 2018 | PNS
‘Paper Bag making’ workshop organised Jabalpur:To increase awareness of environment conservation ‘Paper Bag making’ workshop was organised by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited and Xavier Institute of Development Action and Studies (Xidas) Jabalpur at Government Higher Secondary School Tilhari. The workshop was inaugurated by Regional Director HPCL PK Tomar and administrator of XIDAS Fr...