- Should have left US basketball players in Chinese jail: Trump
- Rahul Gandhi's elevation: CWC meet underway
- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Reliance Capital Q2 net up by 39% at Rs 352 crore
Reliance Capital on Tuesday said it closed the second quarter of the current fiscal with 39 per cent growth in its consolidated net profit.
In a statement here, the company said it has posted a net profit of Rs 352 crore logging a growth of 39 per cent for the quarter ended September 30, 2017 over the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
During the quarter under review, the company's total income was Rs 5,254 crore -- up from Rs 4,926 crore in the corresponding period of previous year.
As on September 30, 2017, the net worth of the company stood at Rs 16,027 crore and the total assets showed 22 per cent increase at Rs 88,548 crore.
The company also said that the listing of its non-life insurance subsidiary Reliance General Insurance is on track and it is expected to be listed by March 2018, subject to the receipt of regulatory approvals.
For the quarter ended September 30, 2017, Reliance General Insurance's Gross Written Premium was Rs 1,688 crore logging a growth of 16 per cent over corresponding period of the previous year.
For the quarter, the Reliance General posted profit was Rs 47 crore, a year-on-year (YoY) increase of 40 per cent.
As on September 30, 2017, the investment book stood at Rs 7,280 crore, a YoY increase of 16 per cent, while the net worth was Rs 1,339 crore, a YoY increase of 13 per cent.
Reliance Life Insurance, during the quarter under review, earned a total premium of Rs 963 crore.
Reliance Home Finance earned a total income of Rs 407 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2017.
Reliance Securities, the broking and distribution arm of Reliance Capital posted a total income of Rs 83 crore and a net profit of Rs 13 crore for the second quarter of the current fiscal.
Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management (RNAM) -- asset manager of Reliance Mutual Fund (RMF) -- for the quarter ended September 30, 2017 posted a net profit of Rs 122 crore up by 25 per cent over the figure posted during the corresponding period of the previous year.
Reliance Commercial Finance, for the quarter ended September 30, 2017, grew its total income by two per cent during the quarter under review to Rs 502 crore.
- Sensex loses sheen, IT, metal stocks weigh 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor, Continental GT 650 in India 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Foreign investors put $2 bn in Indian equities in November 19 Nov 2017 | IANS
- 6 of top-10 most valued firms add Rs 31,249 cr in mcap 19 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Moody's upgrades NHAI rating in October 18 Nov 2017 | IANS
- GoAir flight suffers bird hit; returns to Delhi airport 18 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Oil prices jump but post weekly losses 18 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Run agriculture like business to transform economy: Bill Gates 17 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Rating upgrade recognises India's changing face: Prasad 17 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Rupee breaks free, runs up 69 paise on Moody's India upgrade 17 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath said the BJP government has restored the rule of law in the state and not a single communal riot has occurred in the state during the last eight months tenure of the BJP government. Chief Minister on Sunday kicked off the election campaign of the BJP for the urban local body elections in Brij region and addressed poll meetings in Mathura, Aligarh and...