BUSINESS & FINANCE
Tax dept clears Rs 7,000cr GST refunds of exporters
Over Rs 7,000 crore or half of the pending GST refunds of exporters has been cleared in the first nine days of the ongoing special refund fortnight.
"More than Rs 7,000 crore of IGST/ ITC refunds sanctioned till now during the ongoing Special Refund Fortnight," the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) said in a tweet late last night.
It asked exporters and traders to visit their jurisdictional GST office or Customs House/Port and settle pending claims during the Special Refund Fortnight from May 31 to June 14, 2018.
About Rs 14,000 crore of refunds of exporters were stuck due to various mismatches and CBIC has organised the special fortnight to fast track clearances.
The CBIC has also allowed clearance of GST refunds based on PAN of exporters if such refunds are held up due to mismatch in GSTIN mentioned in shipping bill and return forms.
- India facing real challenge at WTO: Suresh Prabhu 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Gold slips by Rs 200 on low demand, global cues 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Key Indian equity indices open in green 21 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Uber India Systems sees profit grow marginally to Rs 19 cr in FY17 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- AIIB ready to pump in $1.9 b more into the country 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Bosch plans to invest Rs 1,700 cr in India in next 3 ys 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- OYO hotels announces its foray into China 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Bank Of Maharashtra CMD arrested in Rs 3,000 cr fake loans case 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Markets open on a higher note on Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 | IANS
- RBI revises upwards housing loan limits under priority sector 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) would use 180 buses of its fleet on Dehradun and Haridwar routes to ferry the Yoga participants from Haridwar and also to take them back after the International Yoga Day show at Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun is over. Divisional manager (Operational) UTC Dehradun, Pawan Mehra while talking to The pioneer said on Wednesday that around 280 busses operate from Dehradun depot...