BUSINESS & FINANCE
Titan Q4 net jumps 71% to Rs 304 cr
Tata Group firm Titan Company today reported 70.86 per cent jump in consolidated net profit at Rs 304.41 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 31.
The company had reported a net profit of Rs 178.16 crore in the same quarter of 2016-17.
Titan's total income stood at Rs 4,125.69 crore during the quarter under review. It was Rs 3,692.82 crore in the year-ago period, the company said in a BSE filing.
Titan also announced appointing Noel N Tata, nominee of Tata Sons (co-promoter of the company), as Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors.
The company said revenue from operations for the periods up t0 June 30, 2017 includes excise duty on goods sold. With implementation of GST on July 1, 2017, excise duty was subsumed into GST and hence, revenue from operations for the period from July 1 does not include excise duty.
Titan Company MD Bhaskar Bhat said while jewellery and watches business did well, its "eyewear business went through a tough period, especially in the sunglass segment".
For 2017-18 financial year, Titan reported net profit of Rs 1,101.91 crore compared with Rs 697.28 crore in the previous year.
Its total income in the year stood at Rs 16,244.81 crore as against Rs 13,452.62 crore in 2016-17.
In a separate filing, Titan said its Board has recommended a dividend of Rs 3.75 per equity share.
The company's stock closed at Rs 981.50, down 0.43 per cent, on BSE.
- India, EU officials take stock of long stalled FTA negotiations 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Shareholders vote Brian Tempest out of Fortis' board 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Tata Motors Q4 net profit down nearly 50% to Rs 2,176 cr 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Cabinet approves ordinance amending Bankruptcy Code 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Oil stocks under pressure; slip up to 8% 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Microsoft to extend GDPR privacy rights to customers worldwide 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Venezuela willing to accept oil payments in rupees: Envoy 22 May 2018 | PTI
- ED seizes Dabur India director's assets worth Rs 21 cr 22 May 2018 | IANS
- India poised to join China as global leaders in renewables: Report 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Royal Enfield launches classic World War II era motorcycle model in UK 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | Ranchi
Ranchi University (RU) will start Diploma courses in Foreign Languages, Value Education from the academic year 2018-19. The decision was taken during the academic council meeting conducted on Wednesday with the college principals, Head of the Departments (HODs) of various constituent and affiliated colleges...