BUSINESS & FINANCE
Toyota receives over 5,000 bookings for Yaris:company official
Auto-major Toyota Kirloskar Motor has received more than 5,000 bookings for its popular sedan Yaris since its launch, a senior company official said today.
"We will be launching in most of the metros in couple of days. Delivery (of sedan Yaris) will start from today. We already have two months bookings. We crossed 5k," Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Vice-President, B Padmanabha told PTI here.
The company had first showcased the sedan at the Auto-Expo and had revealed the prices "couple of weeks ago," he said.
"We had revealed the prices couple of weeks ago. From today, we are beginning the deliveries," he said, after unveiling the sedan here.
'Yaris' would be retailed across the country under one rate with prices beginning from Rs 8.75 lakh for the base variant and top-end at Rs 14.07 lakh (ex-showroom).
When asked about the concept of retailing sedan under one rate across the country instead of being State-specific as practiced earlier, he said, "Goods and Services Tax (GST) (implemented in July 1, 2017) helped us moderate the prices for the country. I think it is good for the consumer."
TKM, is a joint venture between auto major Toyota and Kirloskar Group and has two manufacturing facilities at Bidadi, Karnataka.
It produces Corolla Altis, mid-size sedan Etios, hatchbacks Etios Liva, Etios Cross, premium sedan Camry, Innova Crysta and Fortuner
To another query, he said, the company made some investments for manufacturing 'Yaris' at the facilities.
The indigenisation level of 'Yaris' was about 85 per cent, he said.
- India, EU officials take stock of long stalled FTA negotiations 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Shareholders vote Brian Tempest out of Fortis' board 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Tata Motors Q4 net profit down nearly 50% to Rs 2,176 cr 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Cabinet approves ordinance amending Bankruptcy Code 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Oil stocks under pressure; slip up to 8% 23 May 2018 | PTI
- Microsoft to extend GDPR privacy rights to customers worldwide 23 May 2018 | IANS
- Venezuela willing to accept oil payments in rupees: Envoy 22 May 2018 | PTI
- ED seizes Dabur India director's assets worth Rs 21 cr 22 May 2018 | IANS
- India poised to join China as global leaders in renewables: Report 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Royal Enfield launches classic World War II era motorcycle model in UK 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2018 | AJIT PANDA | NUAPADA
The Soil Conservation Department in Nuapada district had constructed a Water Harvesting Structure (WHS) in Sargimunda village of Boden block in 1989. The structure irrigated about 200 acres of crop land and benefited hundreds of small and marginal farmers...