Associate banks' branches to become SBI branches from April 1
Mumbai: Branches of all five associate banks, which is merging with parent State Bank of India, will begin functioning as SBI branches from April 1. “Customers, including depositors of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore will be treated as customers of State Bank of India with effect from April 1, 2017,” the RBI said in a notification. With the merger of all the five associates, SBI is expected to become a lender of global proportions with an asset base of Rs 37 trillion (Rs 37 lakh crore) or over $555 billion, 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs. It will have over 50 crore customers.
Oil India to buy back shares worth Rs 1,527 cr
New Delhi: Oil India Ltd, the nation’s second largest state explorer, on Monday said it will buy back 4.49 crore shares for Rs 1,527 crore, joining the list of PSUs that are using their idle cash to help Govt meet budgetary targets. Government owns 66.89 per cent shares in OIL and intends to participate in the buyback programme.
- MG Motors outlines India growth story 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Bandhan Bank public offer oversubscribed over 14 times 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Weak trade continues; Sensex below 33k-mark on CAD, Fed hike worries 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- No new bank guarantee from Axis Bank to be accepted: DoT 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- DoT ups spectrum cap, installments 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- WTO Director Gen concerned over protectionism in developed nations 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- UltraTech to buy Binani Cements for Rs 7,266 cr 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Mcap of 6 of 10 most valued cos drops by Rs 52,000 crore 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Hindustan Infralog acquires 90% stake in Continental Warehousing 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Police investigation in the case of a security guard of district cooperative bank in Champawat shot dead two of his colleagues following an altercation on March 16 revealed that the guard Dinesh Bora contracted through a local security agency was not properly trained. Bora had reportedly shot dead the bank cashier Lalit Bisht and peon Rajesh Verma at the bank in Khetikhan...