Associate banks' branches to become SBI branches from April 1
Mumbai: Branches of all five associate banks, which is merging with parent State Bank of India, will begin functioning as SBI branches from April 1. “Customers, including depositors of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore will be treated as customers of State Bank of India with effect from April 1, 2017,” the RBI said in a notification. With the merger of all the five associates, SBI is expected to become a lender of global proportions with an asset base of Rs 37 trillion (Rs 37 lakh crore) or over $555 billion, 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs. It will have over 50 crore customers.
Oil India to buy back shares worth Rs 1,527 cr
New Delhi: Oil India Ltd, the nation’s second largest state explorer, on Monday said it will buy back 4.49 crore shares for Rs 1,527 crore, joining the list of PSUs that are using their idle cash to help Govt meet budgetary targets. Government owns 66.89 per cent shares in OIL and intends to participate in the buyback programme.
- ‘EU to slap Google with record fine this week’ 27 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Modi's Sabka Saath inspires IGL's Swasth Saarthi 27 Jun 2017 | Surabhi Jajodia
- DoT working on stricter rules for tracking lost cell phones 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Rajan was offered deputy governor's post in RBI by Reddy 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finmin for extending RBI deadline on Basel III norms 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Record low credit growth: 1,000 cos borrowed Rs1tln less in FY17 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US business schools can study India's GST implementation: Modi 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt's move to defer TCS under GST will help small biz: Amazon 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt defers TDS, TCS under GST to ensure smooth rollout 27 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Essar Steel eyes 25% market share in auto-grade steel segment 26 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | Ranchi
Baffled with regular incidents of chain, wallet and mobile snatching in the State Capital, Ranchi police will now work on a multi-pronged strategy after conducting thorough mapping of the areas, targets, timing, modus operandi etc. of the incidents taking place in the recent days and ensure that the culprits are caught immediately after committing the crime...