Associate banks' branches to become SBI branches from April 1
Mumbai: Branches of all five associate banks, which is merging with parent State Bank of India, will begin functioning as SBI branches from April 1. “Customers, including depositors of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore will be treated as customers of State Bank of India with effect from April 1, 2017,” the RBI said in a notification. With the merger of all the five associates, SBI is expected to become a lender of global proportions with an asset base of Rs 37 trillion (Rs 37 lakh crore) or over $555 billion, 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs. It will have over 50 crore customers.
Oil India to buy back shares worth Rs 1,527 cr
New Delhi: Oil India Ltd, the nation’s second largest state explorer, on Monday said it will buy back 4.49 crore shares for Rs 1,527 crore, joining the list of PSUs that are using their idle cash to help Govt meet budgetary targets. Government owns 66.89 per cent shares in OIL and intends to participate in the buyback programme.
- LIC investment income at Rs1,80,117 crore in 2016-17 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Air purifiers among over 10 new products for India this year: LG 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Steel minister sees India as auto hub, bats for high-end steel 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Canara HSBC OBC Life eyes small cities, towns for expansion 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Motherson Sumi lines up Rs2,000 cr capex for FY18 22 May 2017 | PTI
- GST to be ‘biggest achievement’ of Modi Government: Assocham 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Consumer durables firms anticipate July-Aug sales dip on GST 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Stock rally adds Rs50-lakh cr to investor wealth in 3 yrs; big corporates gain most 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Oil Min may block oil PSUs buying GDF stake in Petronet 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Foreign funds flag Kashmir dispute, religious strife as ‘risks’ to India investments 22 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress (CGPCC) President Bhupesh Baghel on Sunday said that over 28 lakh applications received out of State’s total population 2 .55 crore people has every fifth person of the State surrounded by grievance...