- Beijing won't make concessions to India in border dispute: Chinese expert
- Mehbooba chairs crucial security meeting in Srinagar
- Chhattisgarh attack cold blooded murder: Rajnath
- Opposition-backed bandh in TN, Stalin held in Tiruvarur
- Value investments by Indian companies: US on H-1B visa issue
- Malegaon case: HC grants bail to Sadhvi Pragya, rejects Purohit's plea
Associate banks' branches to become SBI branches from April 1
Mumbai: Branches of all five associate banks, which is merging with parent State Bank of India, will begin functioning as SBI branches from April 1. “Customers, including depositors of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore will be treated as customers of State Bank of India with effect from April 1, 2017,” the RBI said in a notification. With the merger of all the five associates, SBI is expected to become a lender of global proportions with an asset base of Rs 37 trillion (Rs 37 lakh crore) or over $555 billion, 22,500 branches and 58,000 ATMs. It will have over 50 crore customers.
Oil India to buy back shares worth Rs 1,527 cr
New Delhi: Oil India Ltd, the nation’s second largest state explorer, on Monday said it will buy back 4.49 crore shares for Rs 1,527 crore, joining the list of PSUs that are using their idle cash to help Govt meet budgetary targets. Government owns 66.89 per cent shares in OIL and intends to participate in the buyback programme.
- RIL net beats estimates, posts record profit on higher margins in petrochem, refining 25 Apr 2017 | PNS
- Govt may fix GST rate at 28% slab for small, mid-sized cars 25 Apr 2017 | Madhusudan Sahoo
- NITI’s vision: Houses, vehicles, ACs for all by 2032 25 Apr 2017 | PNS
- TCS, Infosys accounted for only 8.8% of total H-1B visas:Nasscom 25 Apr 2017 | PTI
- Maruti set to launch next-generation Dzire 25 Apr 2017 | PNS
- India’s growth to accelerate further due to GST: FM 24 Apr 2017 | PTI
- Protectionism will hurt global economy, people welfare: Jaitley 24 Apr 2017 | PTI
- Niti presents 300 specific action points to accelerate economy 24 Apr 2017 | PNS
- Inox Leisure eyes Rs2-cr revenue in three years 24 Apr 2017 | PTI
- PVR wants non-core biz to contribute more to revenue 24 Apr 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
23 Apr 2017 | Ananya Borgohain
Author Pilar Maria Guerrieri discusses with ANANYA BORGOHAIN how the maps of Delhi from the 19th century onwards document the evolution of the Capital through the Mughal era, pre and post colonial periods, and the contemporary times Please tell us a little about yourself. I am an Italian but since my childhood, I have seen my parents travel to India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2017 | Ubachak Mohanty | BALESWAR
Two platoons of police force were deployed in the Basta area of Baleswar district on Monday after tension prevailed since morning following a clash between two groups belonging to two different communities. The incident originated during purchase of train tickets at the Basta railway station...