I-T seeks Rs 30k cr penalty from Cairn for non-payment of tax
New Delhi: The Income Tax Department has slapped a fresh notice on British firm Cairn Energy, seeking up to Rs 30,700 crore in penalties for its alleged failure to pay Rs 10,247 crore capital gains tax on time. Within weeks of tax tribunal ITAT upholding levy of retrospective tax, the Income Tax Department first sent a fresh demand note of Rs 10,247 crore and another show cause notice asking as to why penalty should not be levied for its failure in paying tax on time and filing of returns.
Domestic air passenger traffic up by 15%
Mumbai : The deceleration in the domestic air traffic growth continues for the second consecutive month this year with the demand for travel going up nearly 15 per cent to 90.45 lakh in March. The local airlines had flown 78.72 lakh passengers in March 2016. After posting over 20 per cent growth in domestic passenger market for the 13 consecutive months till January this year, the demand air travel dropped to 15.77 per cent in February.
RDEL gets lenders’ approval to exit CDR
New Delhi: Reliance Defence and Engineering (RDEL) has secured nod from a consortium of lenders to exit its corporate debt restructuring package.The consortium of lenders, led by IDBI, has agreed to the exit plan of RDEL, a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure, with a longer maturity period for loans worth about Rs 6,800 crore, sources said. The lenders have also given their go-ahead to implementation of refinancing scheme of RDEL.
- Sensex makes marginal gains 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- GST to benefit lower, lower-middle income class: ADB blog 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Asia Index‚Äô S&P BSE Bharat 22 index unveiled 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- New norms on solar power procurement 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- DBS says India‚Äôs foreign reserves at record high, touches $393bn 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- ONGC to hire investment banker for HPCL acquisition 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Govt to ensure protection of IPRs of film, music: Nirmala 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- FSDC takes note of economic headwinds, vows to stay alert 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- 4G smartphones demand in emerging mkts spurred growth in Q2, says Gartner 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Khan dubs farm loan as bubble, flays Govt for setting targets 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Aug 2017 | PNS | Jamshedpur
In a shocking case of negligence, a 17-year-old minor girl delivered a child on the road, nearly 30 meters from the Chandil community health center, in neighbouring Seraikel-Kharsawan, on Tuesday morning. According to reports, despite request there was delay in sending of ambulance for the girl who was crying in pain and delivered a girl child on the road and was later carried on an auto-rickshaw to the hospital...