- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
I-T seeks Rs 30k cr penalty from Cairn for non-payment of tax
New Delhi: The Income Tax Department has slapped a fresh notice on British firm Cairn Energy, seeking up to Rs 30,700 crore in penalties for its alleged failure to pay Rs 10,247 crore capital gains tax on time. Within weeks of tax tribunal ITAT upholding levy of retrospective tax, the Income Tax Department first sent a fresh demand note of Rs 10,247 crore and another show cause notice asking as to why penalty should not be levied for its failure in paying tax on time and filing of returns.
Domestic air passenger traffic up by 15%
Mumbai : The deceleration in the domestic air traffic growth continues for the second consecutive month this year with the demand for travel going up nearly 15 per cent to 90.45 lakh in March. The local airlines had flown 78.72 lakh passengers in March 2016. After posting over 20 per cent growth in domestic passenger market for the 13 consecutive months till January this year, the demand air travel dropped to 15.77 per cent in February.
RDEL gets lenders’ approval to exit CDR
New Delhi: Reliance Defence and Engineering (RDEL) has secured nod from a consortium of lenders to exit its corporate debt restructuring package.The consortium of lenders, led by IDBI, has agreed to the exit plan of RDEL, a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure, with a longer maturity period for loans worth about Rs 6,800 crore, sources said. The lenders have also given their go-ahead to implementation of refinancing scheme of RDEL.
- Macro-data led positive momentum lifts equity indices 22 Oct 2017 | IANS
- AP CM for greater India-US co-op in agri sector 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Tata Steel Netherlands workers protest Thyssenkrupp merger 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- PM hails IFFCO's steps for farmer's upliftment 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Govt fixes Sovereign Gold Bond rate at Rs 2,971 per gram 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Linking bank A/Cs with Aadhaar mandatory: RBI 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Govt to float tender for Wi-Fi service in panchayats by 2019 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Only 2,300 bank branches launch Aadhaar enrollment, updation centres 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Anant Raj acquires 26% stake in Delhi mall for Rs 225 crore 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Income tax unions threaten stir against new software rollout 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | PTI | New Delhi
The Sharad Yadav faction of the Janata Dal (United) Party on Saturday announced election to party posts on March 11 and released a list of interim office-bearers, including Chhotubhai Vasava as working president and Ali Anwar as one of the vice-presidents. Yadav also released a list of presidents of party units in states at a press briefing...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...