- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
I-T seeks Rs 30k cr penalty from Cairn for non-payment of tax
New Delhi: The Income Tax Department has slapped a fresh notice on British firm Cairn Energy, seeking up to Rs 30,700 crore in penalties for its alleged failure to pay Rs 10,247 crore capital gains tax on time. Within weeks of tax tribunal ITAT upholding levy of retrospective tax, the Income Tax Department first sent a fresh demand note of Rs 10,247 crore and another show cause notice asking as to why penalty should not be levied for its failure in paying tax on time and filing of returns.
Domestic air passenger traffic up by 15%
Mumbai : The deceleration in the domestic air traffic growth continues for the second consecutive month this year with the demand for travel going up nearly 15 per cent to 90.45 lakh in March. The local airlines had flown 78.72 lakh passengers in March 2016. After posting over 20 per cent growth in domestic passenger market for the 13 consecutive months till January this year, the demand air travel dropped to 15.77 per cent in February.
RDEL gets lenders’ approval to exit CDR
New Delhi: Reliance Defence and Engineering (RDEL) has secured nod from a consortium of lenders to exit its corporate debt restructuring package.The consortium of lenders, led by IDBI, has agreed to the exit plan of RDEL, a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure, with a longer maturity period for loans worth about Rs 6,800 crore, sources said. The lenders have also given their go-ahead to implementation of refinancing scheme of RDEL.
- Managing costs with quality is top priority for healthcare providers: Bain & Company 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam not a systemic issue: WB official 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Jt panel on FRDI Bill gets more time to submit report 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėCAD widens, rises 2% of GDP at $13.5 bn in Q3‚Äô 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB to honour bonafide LoUs 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Investors poorer by Rs 1.86L cr as mkts sink on huge sell-off 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Millenials eager to invest for wealth creation: Survey 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suzuki unveils Intruder variant priced at Rs 1,06,896 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 11 non-operational coal mines to start production from June 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
11 Mar 2018 | PTI | Beijing
An elderly woman in China on Saturday vandalised the stall of a fortune teller who wrongly predicted her death, according to a media report. The fortune-teller told the 70-year-old womanin Mianyang in southwestern Sichuan province in March last year that she would not live to see 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh and Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Arun Yadav on Friday called on Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat and urged him to get investigated the matter related to large scale irregularities in the electoral rolls in Madhya Pradesh. The two requested the CEC to get the matter investigated before the assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, scheduled in November, 2018...