Airtel to raise Rs 16.5k cr for refinancing huge debt, paying spectrum liabilities
Telecom major Bharti Airtel on Monday received approval from the board to raise up to Rs 16,500 crore for refinancing its huge debt and paying for spectrum liabilities.
The board of the company approved “issuance of non-convertible debentures (NCDs) of up to Rs 10,000 crore on a private placement basis” and “issuance of foreign currency bonds up to a limit of $1 billion or equivalent in one or more tranches”, Airtel said in a regulatory filing.
The NCDs of up to Rs 10,000 crore can be raised in tranches or a series at rates may be approved from time to time.
“Any funds if raised from the issuance of aforesaid debt securities shall be used for routine treasury activities including refinancing of existing debt and spectrum liabilities,” the filing said.
Airtel will now approach shareholders for final approval of the proposed raising of debt.
As on December 31, 2017, the company's consolidated net debt stood at Rs 91,714 crore higher than Rs 91,480 crore in the previous quarter.
- Panama Paper Leaks: MAG looking into fresh revelations, says FinMin 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets skid on trade turbulence, macro risks 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- NPAs to see reduction of Rs 5K cr in Q1 on change in NPA norms for small business: Rajiv Kumar 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Yet to receive reply from ICICI Bank on Kochhar issue: Tyagi 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Initiates enforcement actions in NSE case 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- To amend norms for entities undertaking 3rd party assignments 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Sebi OK‚Äôs amendments to takeover, buyback norms 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 21 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Maruti dominates PV segment in May with 7 models in top 10 list 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Taj group acquires Lutyen‚Äôs Delhi hotel in NDMC auction 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...