- Actor Inder Kumar dies of heart attack
- Armed forces fully equipped to deal with contingencies: Jaitley
- Panamagate case: SC disqualifies Sharif
- Nitish Kumar moves confidence motion in Bihar Assembly
- RJD MLAs protest against Nitish outside Bihar assembly
- Doval says 'outcome' at BRICS security meet will have an impact on summit
- Panamagate: Sharif's fate hangs in balance
Auto companies to launch 69 products at Auto Expo 2014
The 2014 edition of the India Auto Expo will be more organised, focussed and grandier with record number of 69 launches happening at the new venue of Greater Noida.
The 12th edition of the Auto Expo from February 5, will witness 23 car and SUV exhibitors, 47 vehicle exhibitors, 10 Commercial Vehicle exhibitors and 6 electric vehicle exhibitors. A total of 35 auto makers had participated in the last Auto Expo.
This is also for the first time that some of brands are participating for the first time like — Datsun, Italian bike maker Moto Morini, DSK Hyosung and Japan's Isuzu Motors.
While 11th edition of the Auto Expo 2012 had seen 47 vehicles getting launched, Auto Expo 2014 will see a record number of 69 launches happening at Greater Noida out of which 26 would be global ones.
Tata Motors along with Jaguar and Land Rover, will launch highest number of vehicles. While Tata Motors will have 7 global launches, JLR will have 4 launches for Indian market. Tata motors plans to unveil its line of Falcon 4 and Falcon 5 vehicles. In all, they would launch maximum number of 11 products.
Luxury carmaker BMW and French carmaker Renault will have four launches each. While BMW will showcase four models including its Mini brand, Renault has lined up 3 global and one Indian launches at the venue.
As regards, country’s largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki India is going to have 3 global launches. Maruti may unveil its much talked about hatchback named ‘Celerio’. XA Alpha SUV that was showcased at Auto Expo 2012, is also supposed at the event. Maruti Suzuki also plans to unveil the face-lifted version of the Swift and A-Star.
Maruti’s arch rival South Korean carmaker Hyundai will have one global and local launch each. Hyundai is expected to take the wraps off its new Grand i10 compact sedan at the Auto Expo.
As for bike lovers, they will also get their dues as altogether 12 launches would happen out of which three would be global ones. The new venue would see 17 commercial vehicles getting launched out which 8 would be global launch.
Auto Expos have always provided most suitable platform for global carmakers to launch their vehicles and this is the reason auto experts say this kind of event see a huge success and cars launched at the Auto Expo generate good sales later on.
This is for the first time that Component Show would be retained at Indian Auto Expo, Pragati Maidan in Delhi between the 6th-9th February 2014 but the automotive manufacturers show would be held at Indian Expo Mart at Greater Noida between the 7th-11th February 2014.
The new venue has clear advantage over Pragati Maidan because of its having ultra modern facilities that allow event managers to build special modern enclosures that let the manufacturers display their new and existing products.
The new venue has a total of 2,35,000 sq. meters of area, out of which almost 75,000 sq. meters are fixed indoor exhibition centers of which over 60,000 sq. meters will be utilized for the 2014 Indian Auto Expo. An additional 18,000 sq. meters will be used for activities like driving simulators, motorcycle riding areas, electric and hybrid mobility city (including a driving experience) and a large vintage car display. An additional 32,000 sq. meters will be used for the likes of a VIP and media lounge, offices, food and beverage restaurants, and various entertainment acts.
- TRAVEL CHEAP - TRAVEL MORE WITH ALPFLY AIR PACKAGES 28 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Idea posts Rs 816-cr loss in Apr-Jun qtr 28 Jul 2017 | PNS
- ICICI Bank Q1 net up 3.5% to Rs 2,605 cr 28 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Mutual fund exposure to bank stocks at record Rs 1.47 lakh cr 28 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Sebi to meet bourses, discuss cyber security, ‚Äėtechnical glitches‚Äô 28 Jul 2017 | PTI
- ONGC confirms Govt slapping it, RIL with $3.9 bn demand 28 Jul 2017 | PNS
- ITC Q1 net profit up 7.37% to Rs 2,560.50 crore 28 Jul 2017 | PNS
- IUC row simmers, Jio says COAI had no business airing views 28 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is the world‚Äôs new richest man 28 Jul 2017 | PNS/Agencies
- Diageo asks Mallya to return $40 mn, seeks compensation 28 Jul 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | bhopal
The theatre artists are learning about the aspect of theatre that actually creates magic on stage ie ‘the script’. A script writing workshop is being organised by Vihaan Drama Works, Bhopal for the city theatre aspirants...