- UP BJP MLA dies in road crash on way to Investors' Summit
- PNB fraud: Centre opposes plea for SIT probe, says probe on
- SC stays criminal proceedings against Priya Varrier, director
- CBI arrests PNB General Manager in $1.8 bn fraud case
- Chief Secretary row: Delhi Police questions CM's advisor
- CBI begins questioning of Rotomac owner Kothari
- AAP MLAs allegedly assault Delhi Chief Secretary in CM's presence
- PNB closed all options to recover dues by going public: Modi
- Fitch places PNB on 'Rating Watch Negative' with downgrade possibility
- PNB fraud: SC to hear PIL seeking SIT probe on Friday
- SC to hear actress Priya's plea seeking quashing of FIR
- India test fires medium range nuclear capable Agni-II missile
- Pak drug smuggler killed; 10 kg narcotics, arms seized along IB: BSF
Auto companies to launch 69 products at Auto Expo 2014
The 2014 edition of the India Auto Expo will be more organised, focussed and grandier with record number of 69 launches happening at the new venue of Greater Noida.
The 12th edition of the Auto Expo from February 5, will witness 23 car and SUV exhibitors, 47 vehicle exhibitors, 10 Commercial Vehicle exhibitors and 6 electric vehicle exhibitors. A total of 35 auto makers had participated in the last Auto Expo.
This is also for the first time that some of brands are participating for the first time like — Datsun, Italian bike maker Moto Morini, DSK Hyosung and Japan's Isuzu Motors.
While 11th edition of the Auto Expo 2012 had seen 47 vehicles getting launched, Auto Expo 2014 will see a record number of 69 launches happening at Greater Noida out of which 26 would be global ones.
Tata Motors along with Jaguar and Land Rover, will launch highest number of vehicles. While Tata Motors will have 7 global launches, JLR will have 4 launches for Indian market. Tata motors plans to unveil its line of Falcon 4 and Falcon 5 vehicles. In all, they would launch maximum number of 11 products.
Luxury carmaker BMW and French carmaker Renault will have four launches each. While BMW will showcase four models including its Mini brand, Renault has lined up 3 global and one Indian launches at the venue.
As regards, country’s largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki India is going to have 3 global launches. Maruti may unveil its much talked about hatchback named ‘Celerio’. XA Alpha SUV that was showcased at Auto Expo 2012, is also supposed at the event. Maruti Suzuki also plans to unveil the face-lifted version of the Swift and A-Star.
Maruti’s arch rival South Korean carmaker Hyundai will have one global and local launch each. Hyundai is expected to take the wraps off its new Grand i10 compact sedan at the Auto Expo.
As for bike lovers, they will also get their dues as altogether 12 launches would happen out of which three would be global ones. The new venue would see 17 commercial vehicles getting launched out which 8 would be global launch.
Auto Expos have always provided most suitable platform for global carmakers to launch their vehicles and this is the reason auto experts say this kind of event see a huge success and cars launched at the Auto Expo generate good sales later on.
This is for the first time that Component Show would be retained at Indian Auto Expo, Pragati Maidan in Delhi between the 6th-9th February 2014 but the automotive manufacturers show would be held at Indian Expo Mart at Greater Noida between the 7th-11th February 2014.
The new venue has clear advantage over Pragati Maidan because of its having ultra modern facilities that allow event managers to build special modern enclosures that let the manufacturers display their new and existing products.
The new venue has a total of 2,35,000 sq. meters of area, out of which almost 75,000 sq. meters are fixed indoor exhibition centers of which over 60,000 sq. meters will be utilized for the 2014 Indian Auto Expo. An additional 18,000 sq. meters will be used for activities like driving simulators, motorcycle riding areas, electric and hybrid mobility city (including a driving experience) and a large vintage car display. An additional 32,000 sq. meters will be used for the likes of a VIP and media lounge, offices, food and beverage restaurants, and various entertainment acts.
- Ministerial panel to meet on Feb 24 for GST return filing simplification 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- FDI remains almost flat during Apr-Dec FY‚Äô18: DIPP 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Over 55 lakh GST returns filed in Jan 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Niti to prepare new list of sick PSUs for divestment 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- RBI Guv Patel opted for cautious approach at MPC meet: Minutes 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- FinMin to meet bankers to resolve payment issue soon 22 Feb 2018 | PTI
- EPFO slashes interest rate to 8.55% for current fiscal 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Finally, Sensex in green after 3-day losing spell; up 141 pts 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Gitanjali Gems hits lower circuit; tanks over 56% in 6 days 22 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 22 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A delegation of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur of West Bengal, visited State Happiness Institute today. The delegation members received information about the activities of the institute...