- Agitation paralysing Mumbai suburban services withdrawn
- CBI has started preliminary probe in SSC paper leak case: Centre tells SC
- No immediate arrest of public servants in cases under SC/ST Act: SC
- Choksi to CBI: Completely defenceless due to exaggerated allegations
- Won't cede even an inch of land, ready for bloody battle: Xi
- Bodies of 39 Indians, abducted by ISIS in Iraq, found: Swaraj
- Jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala's husband M Natarajan passes away
Bharat 22 ETF oversubscribed 6 times; `12k-cr raised
Bharat 22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) has got a huge response from anchor investors, getting oversubscribed six times, (as much as 25 per cent of total issue size, or Rs 2,000 crore) to the tune of Rs 12,000 crore on Tuesday. The ETF, managed by ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company (AMC) comprising 22 blue-chip firms including PSUs, witnessed a big participation from the anchor investors.
The new fund offer (NFO) having a size of over Rs 8,000 crore, received subscriptions from across the board including Mutual Funds, FPI, insurance and retirement funds. The NFO is a part of the larger disinvestment program announced by the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) under Ministry of Finance.
According to Neeraj Kumar Gupta, Secretary, DIPAM, “The Bharat 22 ETF is an excellent avenue for investors to participate in some of the best companies with high future growth potential. The ETF is well diversified with investments across six core sectors and offers good prospects for investors.”
However, Nimesh Shah, MD & CEO, ICICI Prudential AMC said, “We are delighted to see the overwhelming response received from anchor investors and aiding the Government of India's disinvestment programme. Over the next three days, we look forward to active participation from non-anchor investor category which has the opportunity to participate in the India growth story, at a discounted price, through this attractive long term investment opportunity.” The scheme opens for non-anchor investors on Wednesday (ie; November 15), and closes on Friday (ie; November 17, 2017).
“The ETF-Bharat 22 is an interesting composition of mostly profit-making, dividend paying public sector companies and some shares of blue-chip companies like ITC, Larsen & Toubro, GAIL, ONGC, NALCO, BOB, Axis Bank held under the Special Undertaking of Unit Trust of India or SUUTI.
The ETF is a diverse mix of companies within the energy, financials, FMCG and Utilities space and though some of the individual components within the ETF might be having some softness in reported numbers, the basket looks spread out across industries thus reducing a sector/stock risk,” said Mayuresh Joshi, Fund Manager of Angel Broking.
“ETFs are a relatively safer long term investment avenue as they can spread their risk across quality companies. Even fund managers of long-term term savings funds prefer ETFs, hence, there is no reason for individual investors to stay away from it,” Joshi said.
- SEBI bars Remac Realty, 5 directors for illegal money-pooling schemes 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Markets inch up with minor gains; investors‚Äô eye on Fed policy meet 21 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Prabhu appeals for common ground to strengthen WTO 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- UltraTech Cement may get support from Binani creditors 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Banks Board Bureau calls for greater dialogue with Finance Ministry; seeks more mandate 21 Mar 2018 | PNS
- EESL acquires UK-based utility Edina for Rs 493 cr 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Overseas push: Govt scraps export duty on sugar 21 Mar 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- MG Motors outlines India growth story 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Bandhan Bank public offer oversubscribed over 14 times 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Dehradun police have arrested an alleged member of an inter-state gang involved in vehicle theft in Haridwar and Dehradun districts from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The accused has been identified as Vikram Malik, native of Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, police said, adding that he was currently living in Haryana...