BoI shares jump 7.5% over Rs 7k cr recovery
Shares of Bank of India (BoI) jumped 7.5 per cent on Tuesday after the company recovered Rs 7,000 crore worth Standby Letters of Credit (SBLC) in the last two months and the balance of Rs 2,000 crore would be recovered in another two months.The stock soared 7.47 per cent to end at Rs 102.20 on BSE. Intra-day, it zoomed 14.98 per cent to Rs 109.35.
At NSE, shares of the company surged 7.41 per cent to close at Rs 102.15. The company's market valuation rose by Rs 841.06 crore to Rs 12,106.06 crore.
In terms of equity volume, 66.43 lakh shares of the company were traded on BSE and over 6 crore shares changed hands at NSE during the day.
This recovery will substantially improve the bank's balance sheet, Bank of India Executive Director N Damodharan said on Monday in Coimbatore. The bank is aiming to bring down its net NPA ratio substantially, to below six per cent, he said.
Meanwhile, buying was also seen in other bank stocks, with Oriental Bank of Commerce surging 7.07 per cent, Bank of Baroda 6.92 per cent, Union Bank of India 6.85 per cent, Syndicate Bank 5.87 per cent, Allahabad Bank 5.86 per cent, Canara Bank 5.70 per cent, PNB 3.59 per cent and SBI 0.81 per cent on BSE.
Standby Letters of Credit is a document issued by a bank, which serves as a guarantee.
- Panama Paper Leaks: MAG looking into fresh revelations, says FinMin 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Markets skid on trade turbulence, macro risks 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- NPAs to see reduction of Rs 5K cr in Q1 on change in NPA norms for small business: Rajiv Kumar 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Yet to receive reply from ICICI Bank on Kochhar issue: Tyagi 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Initiates enforcement actions in NSE case 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- To amend norms for entities undertaking 3rd party assignments 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Sebi OK‚Äôs amendments to takeover, buyback norms 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 21 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Maruti dominates PV segment in May with 7 models in top 10 list 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Taj group acquires Lutyen‚Äôs Delhi hotel in NDMC auction 21 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...