Chinese investors keen on infra projects in India
More than $1 billion worth technology transfer and investment projects were initiated between Indian and Chinese companies at the end of the second India-China Technology Transfer, Collaborative Innovation and Investment Conference. Apart from some joint ventures that were signed in the infrastructure sector during the conference, a large number of Chinese investors showed inclination in roads, smart cities and affordable housing projects in India.
The Conference, held on 16 and 17 November, was organised jointly by the India China Trade Center (ICTC) in cooperation with China's Yunnan Academy of Scientific and Technical Information (YASTI).
The conference was organized around four technical sessions exploring technology and investment cooperation in areas like Agriculture and Food Processing Sector and Bio-Technology and Pharma Industry; Infrastructure, Smart City and Information Technology; Energy, New Energy and Hybrid Vehicles and Investment Opportunity, Regulatory Affairs, Legal etc., where more than 30 experts and companies delegation from China participated.
On the side-lines of the conference a large number of Indian and Chinese organizations displayed their transfer ready technologies.
Hou Shuqian, Director General - Yunnan Academy of Science and Technology (YAST) presented a unique salt water battery lantern to the Union Minister of Science Technology and Earth Sciences YS Choudhary.
The lantern once filled with salt water can light up to six hours and also facilitate charging of cell phones.
Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce and Industry, in his video message said that India and China can play a key role in the world economy by collaborating in the field of science and technology.
- Business Corner 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Auditors‚Äô abrupt exit may be part of material disclosure by SEBI 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Sensex tanks 262 points as US-China trade spat roils global markets 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Bharat-22 ETF: Anchor investors put in Rs 5,163 cr bids, subscribe 3.44 times 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- CAD at 2.5 per cent of GDP not worrisome, says Finance Ministry 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Deposits in PSU banks 100% safe and secure, says Goyal 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Govt puts off AI stake sale for now 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Au Small Finance sells 5% stake to Temasek for Rs 1,000 crore 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Indian equities slide as US-China trade war intensifies 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Govt plans to list railway PSUs RVNL, IRFC in Jul-Sep qtr 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...