Chinese investors keen on infra projects in India
More than $1 billion worth technology transfer and investment projects were initiated between Indian and Chinese companies at the end of the second India-China Technology Transfer, Collaborative Innovation and Investment Conference. Apart from some joint ventures that were signed in the infrastructure sector during the conference, a large number of Chinese investors showed inclination in roads, smart cities and affordable housing projects in India.
The Conference, held on 16 and 17 November, was organised jointly by the India China Trade Center (ICTC) in cooperation with China's Yunnan Academy of Scientific and Technical Information (YASTI).
The conference was organized around four technical sessions exploring technology and investment cooperation in areas like Agriculture and Food Processing Sector and Bio-Technology and Pharma Industry; Infrastructure, Smart City and Information Technology; Energy, New Energy and Hybrid Vehicles and Investment Opportunity, Regulatory Affairs, Legal etc., where more than 30 experts and companies delegation from China participated.
On the side-lines of the conference a large number of Indian and Chinese organizations displayed their transfer ready technologies.
Hou Shuqian, Director General - Yunnan Academy of Science and Technology (YAST) presented a unique salt water battery lantern to the Union Minister of Science Technology and Earth Sciences YS Choudhary.
The lantern once filled with salt water can light up to six hours and also facilitate charging of cell phones.
Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce and Industry, in his video message said that India and China can play a key role in the world economy by collaborating in the field of science and technology.
- MG Motors outlines India growth story 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 20 Mar 2018 | Pioneer
- Bandhan Bank public offer oversubscribed over 14 times 20 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Weak trade continues; Sensex below 33k-mark on CAD, Fed hike worries 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- No new bank guarantee from Axis Bank to be accepted: DoT 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- DoT ups spectrum cap, installments 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- WTO Director Gen concerned over protectionism in developed nations 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- UltraTech to buy Binani Cements for Rs 7,266 cr 20 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Mcap of 6 of 10 most valued cos drops by Rs 52,000 crore 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Hindustan Infralog acquires 90% stake in Continental Warehousing 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Mar 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Police investigation in the case of a security guard of district cooperative bank in Champawat shot dead two of his colleagues following an altercation on March 16 revealed that the guard Dinesh Bora contracted through a local security agency was not properly trained. Bora had reportedly shot dead the bank cashier Lalit Bisht and peon Rajesh Verma at the bank in Khetikhan...