- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Coal in lowest tax slab, steel prices to remain stable
Fixing of the GST rate on coal at 5 per cent will lead to stabilisation of steel prices, a top official said on Thursday
The GST Council today decided to keep coal in the 5 per cent tax slab under the new sales tax regime against current tax incidence of 11.69 per cent.Welcoming the decision, Steel Secretary Aruna Sharma told PTI, “That (five per cent) is the lowest slab and would amount to stabilisation of steel prices.” The move will bring down the input cost and would lead to stabilisation of prices, and more and more expansion of steel plants would take place, the secretary said.
The steel sector will be benefited from the move, an industry analyst said. Driven by weak demand, companies operating in the steel sector rolled over their prices this month in spite of a cost push, another analyst said. A producer said the demand was too weak to pass on any hike in prices of raw material.
- Macro-data led positive momentum lifts equity indices 22 Oct 2017 | IANS
- AP CM for greater India-US co-op in agri sector 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Tata Steel Netherlands workers protest Thyssenkrupp merger 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- PM hails IFFCO's steps for farmer's upliftment 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Govt fixes Sovereign Gold Bond rate at Rs 2,971 per gram 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Linking bank A/Cs with Aadhaar mandatory: RBI 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Govt to float tender for Wi-Fi service in panchayats by 2019 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Only 2,300 bank branches launch Aadhaar enrollment, updation centres 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Anant Raj acquires 26% stake in Delhi mall for Rs 225 crore 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Income tax unions threaten stir against new software rollout 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...