- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Coal in lowest tax slab, steel prices to remain stable
Fixing of the GST rate on coal at 5 per cent will lead to stabilisation of steel prices, a top official said on Thursday
The GST Council today decided to keep coal in the 5 per cent tax slab under the new sales tax regime against current tax incidence of 11.69 per cent.Welcoming the decision, Steel Secretary Aruna Sharma told PTI, “That (five per cent) is the lowest slab and would amount to stabilisation of steel prices.” The move will bring down the input cost and would lead to stabilisation of prices, and more and more expansion of steel plants would take place, the secretary said.
The steel sector will be benefited from the move, an industry analyst said. Driven by weak demand, companies operating in the steel sector rolled over their prices this month in spite of a cost push, another analyst said. A producer said the demand was too weak to pass on any hike in prices of raw material.
- Samsung pledges support to ‘Safe India’ campaign 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- TCS, Hyderabad Engg college sign pact for collaboration 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- CBDT notifies new scrutiny notices with e-facility for taxpayers 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- States’ fiscal deficit FY’16 soars to Rs 4.93 tn 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Privatisation talks not to affect AI's expansion plans’ 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finalising modalities of Rs 13,000-crore cap allocation plan: Infy 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Ordinance likely to amend SEZ Act for alignment with GST 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GST Clinics to help traders in smooth transition, says CAIT 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GST to make exports more competitive, says Nirmala 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- DHL to invest $100 mn in India to meet GST challenges 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...