- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Direct tax mop ups in Apr-Sep jump 16% to Rs 3.86L-cr
India’s direct tax collections for April-September rose 15.8 per cent to Rs 3.86 lakh crore, buoyed by a healthy growth in advance tax mop-up, the finance ministry said. The net direct tax collections constitute 39.4 per cent of the total budget estimate of direct taxes at Rs 9.8 lakh crore for the current fiscal. The provisional figures of direct tax up to September 2017 show that net collections stood at Rs 3.86 lakh crore which is 15.8 per cent higher than the corresponding period last year, the finance ministry said in a statement.
Advance tax collections till September stood at Rs 1.77 lakh crore, reflecting a growth of 11.5 per cent over the corresponding period a year ago. The growth in Corporate Income Tax (CIT) Advance Tax is 8.1 per cent and that in Personal Income Tax (PIT) Advance Tax is 30.1 per cent. Refunds amounting to Rs 79,660 crore have been issued during April-September 2017. Gross direct tax collections (before adjusting for refunds) have increased by 10.3 per cent to Rs 4.66 lakh crore during April - September, 2017.
- Strong representation by Skill India team in Abu Dhabi WorldSkills opener 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Lower underwriting losses, combined ratio lift ICICI Lombard net 19.3% to Rs 204 crore 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Unlimited calling, data on Bharat phone for Rs 97/mth offered by BSNL 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Against job quota in pvt sector: Niti VC 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- People throng jewellery shops on Dhanteras by overcoming note ban & GST impact 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Axis Bank net jumps 38% on lower base 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- EPFO to take a call on EPF interest rate for FY‚Äô18 next month 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Wipro profit up 6% in September quarter 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- VPS Healthcare lines up Rs 1k-crore for domestic buyouts in hospital space 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Options trading to formalise gold trade: FM 18 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Marathi Sahitya Academy, along with Directorate of Culture, will organise musical event ‘Diwali Pahat’, to celebrate Diwali at Ganesh Temple on Wednesday at 6.30 am...