- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
Direct tax mop ups in Apr-Sep jump 16% to Rs 3.86L-cr
India’s direct tax collections for April-September rose 15.8 per cent to Rs 3.86 lakh crore, buoyed by a healthy growth in advance tax mop-up, the finance ministry said. The net direct tax collections constitute 39.4 per cent of the total budget estimate of direct taxes at Rs 9.8 lakh crore for the current fiscal. The provisional figures of direct tax up to September 2017 show that net collections stood at Rs 3.86 lakh crore which is 15.8 per cent higher than the corresponding period last year, the finance ministry said in a statement.
Advance tax collections till September stood at Rs 1.77 lakh crore, reflecting a growth of 11.5 per cent over the corresponding period a year ago. The growth in Corporate Income Tax (CIT) Advance Tax is 8.1 per cent and that in Personal Income Tax (PIT) Advance Tax is 30.1 per cent. Refunds amounting to Rs 79,660 crore have been issued during April-September 2017. Gross direct tax collections (before adjusting for refunds) have increased by 10.3 per cent to Rs 4.66 lakh crore during April - September, 2017.
- United India Insurance's net profit at `306.27 cr during April-Dec last year 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- FPIs' net outflow from equities hits $1 bn so far in February 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Uncertainty looms over mega petrochemical project in AP 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Five of top-10 firms take Rs 38,724 cr hit in m-cap 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- India's finished steel export slides over 30% in Jan 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Impact of GST on restaurant industry positive, says survey 19 Feb 2018 | Manoj Raghuvanshi
- CII-IBA Q4 Financial Conditions Index up over 2016-17, falls below Q3 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Coal import rises by 12% to 18 million tonnes in January 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Incentives for green tech, artificial intelligence likely 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- RIL plans Rs 60k-cr digitial industrial area in Maharashtra 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...