- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
EPFO may invest up to 15% of investable amount in equity mkts
Buoyed by the surging stock markets, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) may propose to invest up to 15 per cent of its investable amount in equity markets during the next fiscal, Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya said.
“We are proposing to invest up to 15 per cent during the next year. Central Board of Trustees (CBT) meeting will be held on March 30. We will seek its opinion. So far, during the past one-and-half year we have invested `18,069 crore. We are getting good yield. It is encouraging,” Dattatreya told the news agency.
According to the minister, so far in the current year, the Provident Fund body invested the amount in the two index-linked ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) -- the BSE’s Sensex and the NSE’s Nifty which yielded a return of 18.13 per cent.
He said the investment proposal will be put in the CBT meeting to be held on March 30 for the final call.Dattatreya said the EPFO through fund managers had invested Rs 14,700 crore in ETFs in the current financial year.
A senior official said the Ministry of Finance gave its consent to the EPFO to invest from 5 per cent to 15 per cent of the investable income of the organisation every year.
Investable income is the net income of the EPFO from the investments it had already made in various forms, fresh contributions among others. This year the investable income would be about Rs 1.40 lakh crore, the official said.
The EPFO had started investing in ETFs in August 2015. EPFO manages a corpus of over Rs 8 lakh crore.
- Samsung pledges support to ‘Safe India’ campaign 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- TCS, Hyderabad Engg college sign pact for collaboration 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- CBDT notifies new scrutiny notices with e-facility for taxpayers 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- States’ fiscal deficit FY’16 soars to Rs 4.93 tn 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Privatisation talks not to affect AI's expansion plans’ 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finalising modalities of Rs 13,000-crore cap allocation plan: Infy 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Ordinance likely to amend SEZ Act for alignment with GST 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GST Clinics to help traders in smooth transition, says CAIT 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GST to make exports more competitive, says Nirmala 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- DHL to invest $100 mn in India to meet GST challenges 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...