- Taj Mahal important, doesn't matter who built it: Adityanath
- Time for Ayurveda-led 'health revolution', says Modi
- Search on for missing Indian crew aboard capsized cargo ship: MEA
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosai shot dead in Punjab
- Bomb kills journalist who exposed Malta's ties to tax havens
- Panama Papers scribe killed in Malta car bomb
- North Korea says 'a nuclear war may break out any moment'
EPFO may invest up to 15% of investable amount in equity mkts
Buoyed by the surging stock markets, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) may propose to invest up to 15 per cent of its investable amount in equity markets during the next fiscal, Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya said.
“We are proposing to invest up to 15 per cent during the next year. Central Board of Trustees (CBT) meeting will be held on March 30. We will seek its opinion. So far, during the past one-and-half year we have invested `18,069 crore. We are getting good yield. It is encouraging,” Dattatreya told the news agency.
According to the minister, so far in the current year, the Provident Fund body invested the amount in the two index-linked ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) -- the BSE’s Sensex and the NSE’s Nifty which yielded a return of 18.13 per cent.
He said the investment proposal will be put in the CBT meeting to be held on March 30 for the final call.Dattatreya said the EPFO through fund managers had invested Rs 14,700 crore in ETFs in the current financial year.
A senior official said the Ministry of Finance gave its consent to the EPFO to invest from 5 per cent to 15 per cent of the investable income of the organisation every year.
Investable income is the net income of the EPFO from the investments it had already made in various forms, fresh contributions among others. This year the investable income would be about Rs 1.40 lakh crore, the official said.
The EPFO had started investing in ETFs in August 2015. EPFO manages a corpus of over Rs 8 lakh crore.
- BFIL shares end with nearly 2% up; IndusInd Bank slips 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- NIIF, ADIA ink investment pact of $1 bn 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Items in 28% GST rate slab needs to be pruned: Adhia 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėIndia gets $10 bn invt commitment in food processing‚Äô 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- AI seeks $555 mn bridge loan for three Boeing planes buying 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Wholesale inflation eases to 2.6% in Sept 17 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Dalal Street in festive mood; Sensex, Nifty hit record highs 17 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Young entrepreneur creates a niche in hair accessories, fashion services 16 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Coal Secy blames power plants for low coal stocks 16 Oct 2017 | PTI
- SteelMin to meet industry stakeholders in Chandigarh today 16 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Around 23 lakh farmers have got registered so far in Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana launched today in Madhya Pradesh. The registration process was started from September 1...