GAIL net up 28% on higher margins
GAIL India Ltd on Monday reported 28 per cent rise in the December quarter net profit on better margins from gas marketing and transportation business.
The net profit in the October-December quarter of the current fiscal was Rs 1,262.22 crore, higher than Rs 982.92 crore in the same period of last fiscal.
The company said in a statement here that its board also approved the issuance of one bonus share for existing three equity shares.
It said the profit was higher “mainly due to the better performance by liquid hydrocarbon, gas marketing and transmission segments”.
The company's revenue was up 17 per cent at Rs 14,717 crore, gross margin was up 14 per cent at Rs 2,273 crore.
GAIL transported and marketed 6 per cent more volumes in the quarter, while petrochemical sales were up 21 per cent. Sales of liquid hydrocarbon gas (LPG) were up 10 per cent and the firm transported 2 per cent more cooking gas in the quarter compared to the year-ago period.
BC Tripathi, Chairman and Managing Director, GAIL, said: “All the segments have registered physical growth as compared to previous year, which is reflected in both the top line and the bottom line of the company.”
Alongside, the company is also increasing its natural gas pipeline infrastructure, the statement quoted him as saying without giving details.
“We are confident to meet the capex target of current fiscal year which is more than 70 per cent achieved last year. Similar growth in Capex is planned in the next fiscal 2018-19 to around Rs 6,000 crore,” he said.
- Investors rush to mutual funds; over 8L folios added in a month 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Stock markets may see another phase of correction: Report 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Kerala eyes up to 15% growth in tourist arrivals in 2018 21 May 2018 | PTI
- RIL gets green nod for `2,338cr expansion project in Maharashtra 21 May 2018 | PTI
- MTNL investing `190 cr to upgrade services 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Aadhaar, PAN mandate for customs broker licence: Tax Dept 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Sebi to consider penal action against PNB, Gitanjali Gems 21 May 2018 | PTI
- GST roadblocks hit Patanjali growth in FY18 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Petrol, diesel rates touch all-time highs 21 May 2018 | PTI
- Arbitration panel to hear Vodafone challenge to tax 21 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...