- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
General insurers clock 32% jump in Aug premium
India's general insurers clocked over 32 per cent jump in premium collection at Rs 11,931.01 crore in August this fiscal, Irdai data showed. The non-life insurers of the country had underwritten a gross premium of Rs 9,013.43 crore in August 2016-17. In a break-up of the data, regulator Irdai said there was a rise of 40 per cent in public general insurers' premium at Rs 6,279.31 crore in August, from Rs 4,489.63 crore in the same month a year ago.
There are only four public sector general insurers in the country - New India Assurance Co, National Insurance Company, United India Insurance and Oriental Insurance -- which collectively own the majority of the market share. Specialised public sector insurers ECGC and AIC -- reported a more than two-fold jump in their gross direct premium at Rs 1,776.83 crore against Rs 664.46 crore in August 2016, showed the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai).
Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd (AIC) takes care of farm-related insurance needs while Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (ECGC) is meant for export credit insurance support for Indian exporters. For private general insurers, gross premium grew 25 per cent to Rs 5,651.70 crore in August, from Rs 4,523.8 crore in the same month a year earlier.
- Managing costs with quality is top priority for healthcare providers: Bain & Company 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam not a systemic issue: WB official 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Jt panel on FRDI Bill gets more time to submit report 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėCAD widens, rises 2% of GDP at $13.5 bn in Q3‚Äô 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB to honour bonafide LoUs 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Investors poorer by Rs 1.86L cr as mkts sink on huge sell-off 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Millenials eager to invest for wealth creation: Survey 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suzuki unveils Intruder variant priced at Rs 1,06,896 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 11 non-operational coal mines to start production from June 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Saturday said that the previous governments indulged in the business of illegally acquiring lands with ulterior motives and with the intent of having their own cut. “This was done not only in Rohtak but in the entire state...