- P V Sindhu enters semifinals of All England Championship.
- Centre tells SC it will not damage Ram Sethu for shipping channel project
- Andhra CM targets PMO, alleges conspiracy
- 'TDP's exit signals opportunity for BJP to grow in Andhra'
- Bhagwant Mann resigns as AAP Punjab chief
- TDP quits NDA; to move no-confidence motion
Govt expects to finalise 5G service roadmap by Jun
The Department of Telecom expects to finalise a roadmap for 5G services by June this year, a top official said.
“By June this year, I hope we will be able to unveil India's 5G roadmap,” Telecom Secretary Aruna Sundararajan said at an Assocham event on Friday.
Globally, standards around 5G are expected to be finalised this year. The telecom ministry has set up a high-level committee to work on 5G roadmap so that India gets access to the next generation technology when it is available for commercial roll-out globally.
“In the 5G we are looking to do lot of pilots. So when 5G hits India will be at leading edge of technology as well as used cases,” Sundararajan said.
She said that the DoT is in the process of framing new numbering scheme for SIMs that will be used for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications..The 5G services is consider to focus more around M2M services like use sensors in cars and other vehicles to prevent accident, smart homes and smart cities etc.
“Just as last 18-24 months have been period of rapid and radical changes. In the next 12 months we will see large number of these capabilities being built in India. In the coming months we will begin to see actual roll out of M2M,”Sundararajan said.
- Managing costs with quality is top priority for healthcare providers: Bain & Company 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam not a systemic issue: WB official 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Jt panel on FRDI Bill gets more time to submit report 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- ‚ÄėCAD widens, rises 2% of GDP at $13.5 bn in Q3‚Äô 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- PNB to honour bonafide LoUs 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Investors poorer by Rs 1.86L cr as mkts sink on huge sell-off 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Business Corner 17 Mar 2018 | PNS
- Millenials eager to invest for wealth creation: Survey 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Suzuki unveils Intruder variant priced at Rs 1,06,896 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
- 11 non-operational coal mines to start production from June 17 Mar 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
11 Mar 2018 | PTI | Beijing
An elderly woman in China on Saturday vandalised the stall of a fortune teller who wrongly predicted her death, according to a media report. The fortune-teller told the 70-year-old womanin Mianyang in southwestern Sichuan province in March last year that she would not live to see 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh and Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president Arun Yadav on Friday called on Chief Election Commissioner OP Rawat and urged him to get investigated the matter related to large scale irregularities in the electoral rolls in Madhya Pradesh. The two requested the CEC to get the matter investigated before the assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, scheduled in November, 2018...