- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Govt needs to incentivise buying e-vehicles, says Anand Mahindra
The Government needs to incentivise buying electric vehicles in order to bring down the cost and thus push their sales in the country, according to leading industrialist Anand Mahindra.
In an interview with the news agency here, Mahindra said that due to very high battery cost, there is still reluctance on the part of consumers to go for electric cars.
“And therefore, the government in order to create the push, does need to create incentives whether they come through Central or the state governments, in order to provide a lower sticker price for cars,” the Mahindra Group chairman said.
The incentive could be in the form of reduction in road taxes or subsidies in insurance, he added.
“It could be by lowering taxes of other kinds, but you do need some incentive to lower the upfront price. This can be transitioned down. Because what is happening simultaneously is that battery prices are also coming down dramatically,” he said.
- Business Corner 17 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- SRM University inks MoU with NASSCOM 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- AAI plans to invest Rs 15k cr on airport terminals in next fiscal, says Chairman 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- LIC posts 11.5% growth in premium income at Rs 2.23 tln in 9 month period 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- SEBI eases accessibility for FPIs 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Govt expects to finalise 5G service roadmap by Jun 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- RIL to buy 65% stake in IFC for Rs 1,105 cr 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Penalty up to Rs 50L/circle for predatory tariff: TRAI 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Fix risk management system, says India Inc 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- ‚ÄėSBI has $212-mn exposure via PNB‚Äô 17 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...