Govt needs to incentivise buying e-vehicles, says Anand Mahindra
The Government needs to incentivise buying electric vehicles in order to bring down the cost and thus push their sales in the country, according to leading industrialist Anand Mahindra.
In an interview with the news agency here, Mahindra said that due to very high battery cost, there is still reluctance on the part of consumers to go for electric cars.
“And therefore, the government in order to create the push, does need to create incentives whether they come through Central or the state governments, in order to provide a lower sticker price for cars,” the Mahindra Group chairman said.
The incentive could be in the form of reduction in road taxes or subsidies in insurance, he added.
“It could be by lowering taxes of other kinds, but you do need some incentive to lower the upfront price. This can be transitioned down. Because what is happening simultaneously is that battery prices are also coming down dramatically,” he said.
- Tourism start up icanstay eyeing Rs 700 cr turnover by this fiscal end 25 Jul 2017 | Rakesh Bihari Jha
- IMG considering more time for telcos to pay for spectrum 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Need examples to deter benami deals, says Jaitley 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Growth in India to pick up further in 2017, 2018: IMF 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Nifty nears 10K-mark, Sensex hits new high on strong corporate earnings 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėSalary cut lesser evil than layoffs in aviation space‚Äô 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- AI Express plans ways to boost brand visibility 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Mercedes calls for lower taxes on luxury cars in India 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Jet Airways asks junior pilots to furnish Rs 1 cr bonds 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Govt scraps plan to divest MSTC's arm 24 Jul 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jul 2017 | PNS | HAZARIBAGH
The Hazaribagh district unit of Sanskar Bharti organized Rangoli-Mehndi competition in the premises of Hindu +2 High School. Despite continuous rain 140 participated in the Rangoli competition and 78 in Mehndi competition...