- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Hyundai plans to invest Rs 5K-cr on new cars to double its sales by 2021
Hyundai Motor will invest Rs 5,000 crore in the country to bring eight models starting with a hybrid to almost double its sales to one million unit by 2021.
“In the next four years till 2020, we plan to invest Rs 5,000 crore to develop eight new products and out of them three models will be new segment products,” said Hyundai Motor India Ltd MD & CEO YK Koo, adding, “we plan to launch hybrid first and two new models each year till 2020 as part of the planned launches.”
When asked about whether there will be any elecric vehicle launches, Koo said, “We have the technology and if the market demands, we will launch electric vehicle.”
Talking about sales expectation, HMIL Director, Sales & Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava said: “We expect to sell one million units by 2021.”
Koo also said the company has set a target of selling 6.72 lakh units across domestic and international markets. “The company aims to maintain its present 17 per cent marketshare in India,” he added.
Hyundai on Thursday launched all new version of its compact sedan Xcent priced between Rs 5.38 lakh and Rs 8.41 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) in both petrol and diesel.
“With over 2.5 lakh units sold in domestic and international markets since 2014, we are confident that the all new Xcent will create a new benchmark in its segment,” Koo said.
The company would keep selling the older versions of Xcent and old Grand i10 under the Prime brand to fleet segment, including ride sharing industry, Koo said.
“We have set a target of 5,000 units per month for the new Xcent. We will also keep selling the old versions of the Xcent and i10 to cab aggregators as there is demand for such compact models in that vertical,” he added.
- Macro-data led positive momentum lifts equity indices 22 Oct 2017 | IANS
- AP CM for greater India-US co-op in agri sector 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Tata Steel Netherlands workers protest Thyssenkrupp merger 22 Oct 2017 | PTI
- PM hails IFFCO's steps for farmer's upliftment 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Govt fixes Sovereign Gold Bond rate at Rs 2,971 per gram 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Linking bank A/Cs with Aadhaar mandatory: RBI 22 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Govt to float tender for Wi-Fi service in panchayats by 2019 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Only 2,300 bank branches launch Aadhaar enrollment, updation centres 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Anant Raj acquires 26% stake in Delhi mall for Rs 225 crore 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Income tax unions threaten stir against new software rollout 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | PTI | New Delhi
The Sharad Yadav faction of the Janata Dal (United) Party on Saturday announced election to party posts on March 11 and released a list of interim office-bearers, including Chhotubhai Vasava as working president and Ali Anwar as one of the vice-presidents. Yadav also released a list of presidents of party units in states at a press briefing...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...