Hyundai plans to invest Rs 5K-cr on new cars to double its sales by 2021
Hyundai Motor will invest Rs 5,000 crore in the country to bring eight models starting with a hybrid to almost double its sales to one million unit by 2021.
“In the next four years till 2020, we plan to invest Rs 5,000 crore to develop eight new products and out of them three models will be new segment products,” said Hyundai Motor India Ltd MD & CEO YK Koo, adding, “we plan to launch hybrid first and two new models each year till 2020 as part of the planned launches.”
When asked about whether there will be any elecric vehicle launches, Koo said, “We have the technology and if the market demands, we will launch electric vehicle.”
Talking about sales expectation, HMIL Director, Sales & Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava said: “We expect to sell one million units by 2021.”
Koo also said the company has set a target of selling 6.72 lakh units across domestic and international markets. “The company aims to maintain its present 17 per cent marketshare in India,” he added.
Hyundai on Thursday launched all new version of its compact sedan Xcent priced between Rs 5.38 lakh and Rs 8.41 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) in both petrol and diesel.
“With over 2.5 lakh units sold in domestic and international markets since 2014, we are confident that the all new Xcent will create a new benchmark in its segment,” Koo said.
The company would keep selling the older versions of Xcent and old Grand i10 under the Prime brand to fleet segment, including ride sharing industry, Koo said.
“We have set a target of 5,000 units per month for the new Xcent. We will also keep selling the old versions of the Xcent and i10 to cab aggregators as there is demand for such compact models in that vertical,” he added.
- ‘EU to slap Google with record fine this week’ 27 Jun 2017 | AFP
- Modi's Sabka Saath inspires IGL's Swasth Saarthi 27 Jun 2017 | Surabhi Jajodia
- DoT working on stricter rules for tracking lost cell phones 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Rajan was offered deputy governor's post in RBI by Reddy 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Finmin for extending RBI deadline on Basel III norms 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Record low credit growth: 1,000 cos borrowed Rs1tln less in FY17 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US business schools can study India's GST implementation: Modi 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt's move to defer TCS under GST will help small biz: Amazon 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Govt defers TDS, TCS under GST to ensure smooth rollout 27 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Essar Steel eyes 25% market share in auto-grade steel segment 26 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | Ranchi
Baffled with regular incidents of chain, wallet and mobile snatching in the State Capital, Ranchi police will now work on a multi-pronged strategy after conducting thorough mapping of the areas, targets, timing, modus operandi etc. of the incidents taking place in the recent days and ensure that the culprits are caught immediately after committing the crime...