Hyundai plans to invest Rs 5K-cr on new cars to double its sales by 2021
Hyundai Motor will invest Rs 5,000 crore in the country to bring eight models starting with a hybrid to almost double its sales to one million unit by 2021.
“In the next four years till 2020, we plan to invest Rs 5,000 crore to develop eight new products and out of them three models will be new segment products,” said Hyundai Motor India Ltd MD & CEO YK Koo, adding, “we plan to launch hybrid first and two new models each year till 2020 as part of the planned launches.”
When asked about whether there will be any elecric vehicle launches, Koo said, “We have the technology and if the market demands, we will launch electric vehicle.”
Talking about sales expectation, HMIL Director, Sales & Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava said: “We expect to sell one million units by 2021.”
Koo also said the company has set a target of selling 6.72 lakh units across domestic and international markets. “The company aims to maintain its present 17 per cent marketshare in India,” he added.
Hyundai on Thursday launched all new version of its compact sedan Xcent priced between Rs 5.38 lakh and Rs 8.41 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) in both petrol and diesel.
“With over 2.5 lakh units sold in domestic and international markets since 2014, we are confident that the all new Xcent will create a new benchmark in its segment,” Koo said.
The company would keep selling the older versions of Xcent and old Grand i10 under the Prime brand to fleet segment, including ride sharing industry, Koo said.
“We have set a target of 5,000 units per month for the new Xcent. We will also keep selling the old versions of the Xcent and i10 to cab aggregators as there is demand for such compact models in that vertical,” he added.
- Tata Power’s renewable energy capacity crosses 2,000 MW mark 24 May 2017 | PTI
- ‘India Inc seals 252 M&A deals worth 15.8 bn in Jan-Mar’ 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Central Bank to raise Rs 6,500 cr this fiscal 24 May 2017 | PNS
- CEOs got biggest raise since 2013 24 May 2017 | PTI
- SFIO developing early warning system to detect corp frauds 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Aditya Birla Fashion partners KVIC, to sell Khadi products 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Ericsson sees growth in business despite tough times for telcos 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Tata Motors Q4 net profit down 16.79% to Rs 4,336.43 crore 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Goyal says won't allow companies from country barring Indian firms 24 May 2017 | PNS
- Cybersecurity threat landscape has grown exponentially: Cisco 24 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...