Hyundai plans to invest Rs 5K-cr on new cars to double its sales by 2021
Hyundai Motor will invest Rs 5,000 crore in the country to bring eight models starting with a hybrid to almost double its sales to one million unit by 2021.
“In the next four years till 2020, we plan to invest Rs 5,000 crore to develop eight new products and out of them three models will be new segment products,” said Hyundai Motor India Ltd MD & CEO YK Koo, adding, “we plan to launch hybrid first and two new models each year till 2020 as part of the planned launches.”
When asked about whether there will be any elecric vehicle launches, Koo said, “We have the technology and if the market demands, we will launch electric vehicle.”
Talking about sales expectation, HMIL Director, Sales & Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava said: “We expect to sell one million units by 2021.”
Koo also said the company has set a target of selling 6.72 lakh units across domestic and international markets. “The company aims to maintain its present 17 per cent marketshare in India,” he added.
Hyundai on Thursday launched all new version of its compact sedan Xcent priced between Rs 5.38 lakh and Rs 8.41 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) in both petrol and diesel.
“With over 2.5 lakh units sold in domestic and international markets since 2014, we are confident that the all new Xcent will create a new benchmark in its segment,” Koo said.
The company would keep selling the older versions of Xcent and old Grand i10 under the Prime brand to fleet segment, including ride sharing industry, Koo said.
“We have set a target of 5,000 units per month for the new Xcent. We will also keep selling the old versions of the Xcent and i10 to cab aggregators as there is demand for such compact models in that vertical,” he added.
- 7 states/UTs to roll out intra-state e-way bill today 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Rs13K cr tenders withdrawn to promote Make in India products 25 May 2018 | PTI
- MSI dominated PV segment in April with seven models in top 10 list 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Hope to turn profitable in FY‚Äô20, not before, says BSNL CMD 25 May 2018 | PTI
- End of the Indica 25 May 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- NCLAT asks Bhushan Power to proceed with selection of bids 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Govt hikes customs duty on wheat to 30% to curb cheaper imports 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Sensex recoups 153 points on global cues 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Ficci: Govt‚Äôs move to clear IBC changes to expedite NPA cases 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Rupee rebounds from 18-mth low, up 12 paise against dollar 25 May 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...