IBBI notifies regulations for probe under bankruptcy code
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has powers to start probe against service providers registered with it without intimating them, according to new regulations.
IBBI, which is implementing the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), has notified the regulations for inspection and investigation of service providers registered with it.
Insolvency professional agencies, professionals, entities and information utility are considered as service providers under the Code.
The Code, which provides for a market-determined and time-bound resolution of insolvency proceedings, became operational in December 2016.
As per the regulations, the investigation authority has to serve a notice intimating the entity concerned about the probe at least ten days in advance.
- Tourism start up icanstay eyeing Rs 700 cr turnover by this fiscal end 25 Jul 2017 | Rakesh Bihari Jha
- IMG considering more time for telcos to pay for spectrum 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Need examples to deter benami deals, says Jaitley 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Growth in India to pick up further in 2017, 2018: IMF 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Nifty nears 10K-mark, Sensex hits new high on strong corporate earnings 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- ‚ÄėSalary cut lesser evil than layoffs in aviation space‚Äô 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- AI Express plans ways to boost brand visibility 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Mercedes calls for lower taxes on luxury cars in India 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Jet Airways asks junior pilots to furnish Rs 1 cr bonds 24 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Govt scraps plan to divest MSTC's arm 24 Jul 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jul 2017 | PNS | HAZARIBAGH
The Hazaribagh district unit of Sanskar Bharti organized Rangoli-Mehndi competition in the premises of Hindu +2 High School. Despite continuous rain 140 participated in the Rangoli competition and 78 in Mehndi competition...